Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#Calexit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well said

As I said in another thread, seceding from the union would be a mistake, but not because it would hurt California. America isn't dead. But California exiting the union would likely kill America, and that's just the kind of thing the Putin may be hoping for. Now is the time for California to stand tall for the ideals of America that have been threatened by the alt-right: one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. You are America's light of Earendil; a light in dark places when all other lights go out.

As a non-American watching this from the other side of the world, these are my observations:
  • The average American citizen hasn't been heard by the political and social leadership (journalists and celebrities included)
  • Whilst the benefits of globalisation have helped certain sections of American society, by and large the aforementioned average American has seen their living standards and security decrease
  • There is a push to homogenise the values and beliefs in line with the political and social leadership of the country whilst the beliefs and values are met with derision
I would like to see tolerance and that doesn't just mean tolerance on the right of politics, it means accepting that people may have valid reasons to be scared of the forces working against them and that they may hold beliefs and values that don't align with yours. Rather than try and shut down their participation in the national dialog you would do well to enter into a truly open discussion on how together you can build upon and make better what is a truly amazing country.

For this who wish for the Trump presidency to fail I hope you can come around to seeing that if he fails it is the detriment of your country and it's people. And as a great friend of my country, Australia, I hope that the USA continues to be an advocate on the world stage for peace, true democracy and liberty. If The USA is not united then there are many far worse sources of power that will fill the vacuum it leaves behind.

As a non-American watching this from the other side of the world, these are my observations:
  • The average American citizen hasn't been heard by the political and social leadership (journalists and celebrities included)
  • Whilst the benefits of globalisation have helped certain sections of American society, by and large the aforementioned average American has seen their living standards and security decrease
  • There is a push to homogenise the values and beliefs in line with the political and social leadership of the country whilst the beliefs and values are met with derision
I would like to see tolerance and that doesn't just mean tolerance on the right of politics, it means accepting that people may have valid reasons to be scared of the forces working against them and that they may hold beliefs and values that don't align with yours. Rather than try and shut down their participation in the national dialog you would do well to enter into a truly open discussion on how together you can build upon and make better what is a truly amazing country.

For this who wish for the Trump presidency to fail I hope you can come around to seeing that if he fails it is the detriment of your country and it's people. And as a great friend of my country, Australia, I hope that the USA continues to be an advocate on the world stage for peace, true democracy and liberty. If The USA is not united then there are many far worse sources of power that will fill the vacuum it leaves behind.

Donald Trump's ascendency to the Presidency is a tremendous mistake for the United States and the entire world. It is incumbent upon all people of common decency to remedy this.

Last edited:
If that is how you feel, your remedy is at the ballot box. That's democracy.

I spent seven years in the armed forces protecting the Constitution of the United Staes of America. Each time the U.S. Navy warship I was on passed into International waters we were shadowed by Russian warships that deliberately acted to disrupt our maneuvers. I have first hand experience with intent of Russia.

I like the majority of Americans, did not vote for this illegitimate Russian puppet.

Trump urges Russia to hack Clinton's email

Is this Donald Trump openly and in public inviting Russia to interfere in the American political process? In my view his statements were tantamount to treason.

Last edited:
I spent seven years in the armed forces protecting the Constitution of the United Staes of America. Each time the U.S. Navy warship I was on passed into International waters we were shadowed by Russian warships that deliberately acted to disrupt our maneuvers. I have first hand experience with intent of Russia. I like the majority of Americans, did not vote for this illegitimate Russian puppet.

As a commissioned officer I have seen a lot of hostile activities... this was not one of them.
You should have far more trust and confidence in the new Commander in Chief than the last.

I spent seven years in the armed forces protecting the Constitution of the United Staes of America. Each time the U.S. Navy warship I was on passed into International waters we were shadowed by Russian warships that deliberately acted to disrupt our maneuvers. I have first hand experience with intent of Russia.

I like the majority of Americans, did not vote for this illegitimate Russian puppet.

Trump urges Russia to hack Clinton's email

Is this Donald Trump openly and in public inviting Russia to interfere in the American political process? In my view his statements were tantamount to treason.

The problem I have here is that as BIG a problem as the hacking was, an even BIGGER problem was the CONTENT of the emails.

That seems to be something that everyone on the left just wants to overlook. Many of us in the middle or on the right cannot get past that.

The problem I have here is that as BIG a problem as the hacking was, an even BIGGER problem was the CONTENT of the emails.

That seems to be something that everyone on the left just wants to overlook. Many of us in the middle or on the right cannot get past that.

How many times was Hillary investigated by congressional committees? Has anyone in American history ever been subjected to a prosecutorial onslaught of this magnitude? A prosecutorial onslaught that was this partisan?

Consider the current feud between the Trump-Team and the media. In explaining the difference between the crowd attending the Trump inauguration and the Obama inauguration Kelly Ann Conway referred to their use of alternative facts.

In my mind, crowd size at an inauguration is insignificant. Should not even warranted a moments commentary on the evening news. However, when the Trump administration goes to such great lengths to deny any statements regarding the reporting of the event. It scares the hell out of me to ponder their response to any matter of significant consequence.

Alternative facts, or simply a bald-face lie?

Trump Inauguration.jpg

Look at the photographs and weigh in with your honest appraisal.

How many times was Hillary investigated by congressional committees? Has anyone in American history ever been subjected to a prosecutorial onslaught of this magnitude? A prosecutorial onslaught that was this partisan?

You really need a history lesson ... no one in recent American politics has been more corrupt than the Clintons. More prosecution is warranted.

There was no hacking by Russia that had any effect on the election.. Period! People like Jackl are either willfully ignorant or are part of this mass propaganda by the establishment and the deep state that has ironically reached Kremlin levels of catoonishly obvious.

The implication is that the American people aren't smart enough to choose a leader (unless it was HER or an established Republican) and were brainwashed by the Russians who leaked real email content that shone a light on DNC corruption.. Huh? This is the logic they use to imply he's not a legitimate President. I didn't even vote for the guy, but the Russian hacking BS story has to stop. We all see through it and it's CIA and intelligence propaganda 101.

As far as Calexit is concerned, this makes the case for the libertarian principle of a less involved, smaller federal Govt. Instead of breaking up into different countries, each State will be given more power to manage itself like it's own country. The irony being that the lefties pushing hardest for Calexit are unknowingly aligning themselves with the strongest of conservative/libertarian values, that being less influence on the states by the federal govt. They didn't realize they were really conservatives until Trump got into office ;) Thanks Trump

Last edited:
Reactions: bkp_duke and diesel
I still can't believe people want our President of the United States to fail??! I didn't vote for Obama but I sure didn't hope he failed as a President because that would put our lives as Americans in jeopardy, we want the best for our Country no matter who the President is. Why can't we all come together and stop these stupid protests that are obviously all paid for by George Soros that is trying to ruin a nation.

I still can't believe people want our President of the United States to fail??! I didn't vote for Obama but I sure didn't hope he failed as a President because that would put our lives as Americans in jeopardy, we want the best for our Country no matter who the President is. Why can't we all come together and stop these stupid protests that are obviously all paid for by George Soros that is trying to ruin a nation.

I have always considered myself a liberal, but after the 2016 campaign and the intolerance of 'progressives', the identity politics, the race baiting, the name calling(rasict, misogynist, xenophobic, homophobic are the 4 common ones). Heck, as a minority with brown skin, I was called a racist who is insensitive to minority issues. Not to mention strawman arguments towards anyone they disagree with, a lot of dems have shown their true colors as a herd like cult.. and I don't want anything to do with them. They have been absolutely shameful this past year.

Status
Not open for further replies.