Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calgary is getting a service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for clarifying. I was aware that it'd been hinted/speculated at since late 2013 but hadn't realized that it was ever on the website.

This is the year! I can feel it. In all seriousness I think the number of Teslas in Calgary will double by March/April based on the TMC sampling alone. Between the D (addressing concerns about AWD which is popular in these parts) and the Superchargers I have to think that the numbers will really go up.

This is the year! I can feel it. In all seriousness I think the number of Teslas in Calgary will double by March/April based on the TMC sampling alone. Between the D (addressing concerns about AWD which is popular in these parts) and the Superchargers I have to think that the numbers will really go up.

When I talked to Chris Bishop in December after ordering my car he mentioned that he is moving to Calgary in the New Year to take care of the Alberta owners. When I specifically asked him about a Calgary service centre he wasn't as committal but said probably this summer.

Gpetti, you should ask them when you go take delivery of your car.

When I talked to Chris Bishop in December after ordering my car he mentioned that he is moving to Calgary in the New Year to take care of the Alberta owners. When I specifically asked him about a Calgary service centre he wasn't as committal but said probably this summer.

Gpetti, you should ask them when you go take delivery of your car.
will do. Though I'm guessing they will be cagey. I asked Jerome last year at the Vancouver opening but I can't remember exactly wht he said. I think my impression was that they wouldn't do it until there were enough owners to make it more economical than the current situation. I guess moving someone out here reduces plane fares and improves response times. They can rent facilities if they need to.

will do. Though I'm guessing they will be cagey. I asked Jerome last year at the Vancouver opening but I can't remember exactly wht he said. I think my impression was that they wouldn't do it until there were enough owners to make it more economical than the current situation. I guess moving someone out here reduces plane fares and improves response times. They can rent facilities if they need to.

I view it as an inevitability that we get the service centre. They've got the superchargers here and gathering from this forum it sounds like a bunch of Albertans are either ordering or looking to order AWD Teslas. I feel 2015 is the year too! Maybe with the recent "hard economic times" they can pick up a lease at a good price. Doesn't have to be fancy and downtown or anything... just have good access. Anyone from Tesla reading this, please build a service centre soon! You'll probably end up getting more orders for the cars as people will be more confident that they can get it serviced if need be!

Personally I think the mobile mechanic (Ranger Service) works great.
I would hope a service center in Calgary doesn't mean a long trip from Edmonton to get service.

Rangers might work really well but I can tell you that I would feel much better about owning a Tesla if there was a service centre here. I would say a service centre in Calgary would most definitely increase the number of MS around town. When I tell my friends I'm buying a MS they aren't so surprised at the price but the fact I would buy a car where the nearest service centre is in Vancouver.

Rangers might work really well but I can tell you that I would feel much better about owning a Tesla if there was a service centre here. I would say a service centre in Calgary would most definitely increase the number of MS around town. When I tell my friends I'm buying a MS they aren't so surprised at the price but the fact I would buy a car where the nearest service centre is in Vancouver.
There are some benefits to having a service center but I agree that the ranger service is excellent and in many ways more convenient than taking a car into a service center. Most people can't get their heads around the concept so I give them an example from my first service call. I had a warning on my dash. I called Tesla support, they downloaded the logs, diagnosed the problem as being related to a heating unit. They arranged parts to come to my house within a day and the ranger arrived a day after that. He replaced the part and a couple of other things including the 12V battery, ran full diagnostics on it and took it for a short test drive.
No charge. I also had the titanium plate installed in my garage.
I agree it would suck if anyone had to drive from Edmonton. Hopefully Rangers will continue for Edmontonians.

There are some benefits to having a service center but I agree that the ranger service is excellent and in many ways more convenient than taking a car into a service center. Most people can't get their heads around the concept so I give them an example from my first service call. I had a warning on my dash. I called Tesla support, they downloaded the logs, diagnosed the problem as being related to a heating unit. They arranged parts to come to my house within a day and the ranger arrived a day after that. He replaced the part and a couple of other things including the 12V battery, ran full diagnostics on it and took it for a short test drive.
No charge. I also had the titanium plate installed in my garage.
I agree it would suck if anyone had to drive from Edmonton. Hopefully Rangers will continue for Edmontonians.

I believe the US policy is that if you live more than 50 (or maybe it's 100) miles from a service center, you qualify for Ranger service.

Presumably, Tesla would apply a similar policy for Albertans (perhaps converted to metric). Keep in mind though that there are certain service tasks that cannot be performed by Ranger.

When I purchased my Tesla online I did not see anything about this "Ranger Service" that people are talking about. Is this something that is found on the site or in the final purchase documents? All I can see is that I can purchase a service agreement that allows me one visit a year... presumably driving the car yearly to Vancouver. Is "Ranger Service" something that they just are supposed to tell us about if we call in and have an issue with our cars here in Calgary?

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind. I just looked again and it seems its $100 per Ranger visit if you are on the service plan.