TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Calgary owners - request

Discussion in 'Canada' started by InternetDude, Apr 12, 2015.

1. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

Hi, can someone with the latest firmware / range estimator check something for me? Can you input Regina as a destination and then post or PM me a screenshot? I am just trying to figure out charging as there are no Superchargers on the route. Looking at PlugShare looks like charging will be done in Swift Current and Medicine hat. Thank ya.

2. green1

green1 Active Member

as a future owner, I too am interested in this information, so please reply here instead of by PM

3. In2oil

In2oil Member

#3 In2oil, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    IMG_2508_2.jpg this is what is shows. not very good for planning a trip to Regina. I would use Plugshare.com and I sure hope you have a Twin charger on your TESLA. I did, and for Canadian drivers, it is a must.. at least for Western owners.

I'll do it right now!

4. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

EVTripplanner.com could be a good start:

19", Speed Multiplier 1.1, Interior/Exterior Temp: 21 C / 21 C / 0 Payload

60: 525 RM (848 km)
    85: 535 RM (861 km)
    85D: 516 RM (831 km)
    P85D: 536 RM (863 km)

Calgary to Regina.png

Attached Files:

5. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

Thanks. Dual chargers, yes (85D). Too bad Tesla's built-in planner seems useless for the trip. Thanks Sun Country is all I gotta say! If Tesla put a Supercharger in Medicine Hat it would make a world of difference for the route.

If I understand correctly, if a person was to charge at a Sun Country charger in one of the cities along the way, the Tesla navigation should remember that and use it when you enter the route again (i.e. return trip)

6. In2oil

In2oil Member

yes, your tesla will store any location you use to charge. My mother lives in Regina, so I'll have to plan as well and make sure I can make it on a timely matter.

7. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

Anyone who would like to see Superchargers added on the route to Regina should email Tesla. The more owners that tell them the better.

8. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

I guess when Tesla e-mailed me in big letters saying "We've got you covered" it means, they didn't actually mean "me". Not until I drive ~850 km on my own first ;)