Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calgary South supercharge location confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree, especially during Busy mall times. I found that the few EV parking spaces that Chinook had without chargers always had a big pick up parked in them. Hopefully they can control things better with these new spots. Not that I will ever use them given that the mall is so close for me.

Do you think they are going to be the urban-style 72kW SuperChargers?

This is not a bad plan. If you use Google Maps to route a path from Fort Macleod to Canmore, Glenmore Trail is the preferred path. Maybe not after the ring road is constructed, but still not a bad alternate. Good place to visit while charging!

What I am about to say will sound pretty screwy but try to bear with me.

I was cruising the "ChargeHub" app to see what new stuff there might be and on looking at Chinook Centre, I see that there are 6 Tesla stalls indicated. Are these the Superchargers? No. Seems there is a Tesla store in itself at Chinook Centre and there are Destination Chargers in the parking garage.
IMG_0781.jpg

(The photo was malformed so I tried to fix it up a bit.)

Now, to make sure that this isn't a scam, I checked on the Tesla map. Yes there is a showroom here. Now I check on Google to see what they know about it and... there is a marker at Chinook Centre, which indicates "SUPERCHARGER"! How long has this showroom been open? Will there be a Supercharger here? Can someone go ask the staff upstairs about it? I only need information... Thanks.
IMG_0780.PNG

I agree, especially during Busy mall times. I found that the few EV parking spaces that Chinook had without chargers always had a big pick up .
This is Rocky view crossiron mills mall the day after boxing day. Five stalls blocked. Had a nasty conversation with a ice driver who was going to block the other three, had to get security involved.
20171228_140058.jpg

This is Rocky view crossiron mills mall the day after boxing day. Five stalls blocked. Had a nasty conversation with a ice driver who was going to block the other three, had to get security involved. View attachment 271670

I’m assuming the security guard helpful? I think the mall might have made things worse with that barrier as people may have thought they were broke. They should put a no parking sign on the barrier maybe that might help.

Insider info, jumped the gun, miss information, miss understanding, guessing, optimism. Take your pick. I don't see any current evidence there is a Supercharger at this location. Even the Google maps Tesla Supercharger pin is gone.

The most recent fast charger news in Alberta is the Flo/ATCO North South corridor placing a charger at the Canadian Tire on 9940 Macleod Trail SE, Calgary, AB T2J 3K9, Canada. Shown in plug share, not in the Flo app. News articles have been written about the project, its progress, and there's a photo.

6455 Macleod Trail, Calgary, AB
There will be a set of Superchargers at CF Chinook Centre soon.
This is unconfirmed and in discussions with the head of Supercharging for Western Canada - there are no immediate plans to put a Supercharger at Chinook Centre although they are looking at adding an Urban Supercharger (or regular Supercharger) somewhere within the City of Calgary to address the owners and potential owners in the city who do not have the ability to add charging to their dwelling. Chinook was a "less likely" location but there have been hints/rumours around downtown or Market Mall although unconfirmed.

Plugshare should not have Chinook Supercharger on their map.

Additionally, Chinook staff have now said they are opening up 2 stalls for Tesla owners who need to charge while shopping - you can now use the Chinook HPWC destination chargers (up to 80A). Best practice is to go up to the store and let the staff know you are there.

• Informative
Reactions: ACPark