Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calibration?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if there is a way to calibrate the lines on the reverse camera to be more accurate? In their current state they are utterly useless to me. Is this something a service center could do? Or would I need to enlist the services of a hacker, lol.

To be fair, I don't necessarily rely on the lines to park my car.

What I'm guessing you're seeing (and my wife complains about this too), when you look at the backup camera, it's not centered over the bumper. So after you park, if you count the pixels on the screen from the lane edge to the car on one side it'll be different than the lane edge to the car on the other side due to the distortion of the ultra wide lens and not being centered over the bumper. That's not directly related to the "lines" that Tesla draws, and there is no "fix" for this.

maybe the face that they are not centered is whats throwing me off. Next time I back into a space, I will pay more attention to exactly what it is that is off.

Sidenote - My Lexus' backup cam lines are spot on, and that camera is off centered as well.

Does anyone know if there is a way to calibrate the lines on the reverse camera to be more accurate? In their current state they are utterly useless to me. Is this something a service center could do? Or would I need to enlist the services of a hacker, lol.
You might find that the camera itself is slightly out of straight.
The lines are positioned according to the camera frame of view, not the car heading.