Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calibred Customs dashcam install power?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,

About two years ago I had Calibred Customs do a BlackVue camera install on my X. They did a beautiful job, and I loved it. However, a recent service visit has left me with no power to the dash cam. I've figured out that Johnny's tech ran the power down in the driver's footwell here:

cam_power.jpg

What I don't know is how to connect these to the power! My guess is that they originally connected to the port on the right side of this image. Could anyone who had a dash cam install like mine post a photo of the power connection? I'm looking for advice on how to get this cam connected again!

Thanks!

Hi Folks,

About two years ago I had Calibred Customs do a BlackVue camera install on my X. They did a beautiful job, and I loved it. However, a recent service visit has left me with no power to the dash cam. I've figured out that Johnny's tech ran the power down in the driver's footwell here:

View attachment 370119

What I don't know is how to connect these to the power! My guess is that they originally connected to the port on the right side of this image. Could anyone who had a dash cam install like mine post a photo of the power connection? I'm looking for advice on how to get this cam connected again!

Thanks!

hello,

can you take another picture to show exactly where this is?

i have the same problem, installed with Calibre Custom but Tesla Service disconnected it!

but I dont even know where the disconnection is...

...picture to show exactly where this is?...

From where a driver sits, you would see a brake pedal on your right foot.

To the left of the brake pedal is the accelerator.

To the left the accelerator is a footrest on the left.

To the left of the footrest is the wall covered by carpet.

If you tear down that wall carpet on the left, that's what you'll see as pictured above.

Reactions: chilman408
Johnny got back to me. Looks like the service tech replaced the wiring harness when they replaced the latches. Need new taps into the power, should be able to get it taken care of at a local shop he recommends. Johnny didn't recommend the ODB II port, but I was thinking of potentially doing that (just putting spade plugs on an ODB II memory saver like you linked).

I'm wondering that the pros/cons would be of doing an ODB II power setup would be vs. a tapped setup?

...the pros/cons would be of doing an ODB II power setup would be vs. a tapped setup?

Splice setup:

Pros:
.Permanent setup
.Hidden and nice

Cons:
.Takes more labor to repeatedly activate or remove it.

------------
ODB II

Pros:
.Easily plugged and unplugged
.OBD II is SAE J1962 compliant which means:

1) unswitched at all times
2) minimally rated at 4A
3) circuit protection such as a fuse...

Cons:
.It's reserved for diagnosis and not meant for other use.
.Visualized and not hidden.