Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calif drought [impact on solar production]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

getakey

Jan 28, 2020
I track my production against what my installer provided as estimated production by month. Not sure what sw they used.
Impact of our drought is very clear. My Feb production was 44% greater than predicted. My March production was 52% greater.

Would rather have the rain than the production

I track my production against what my installer provided as estimated production by month. Not sure what sw they used.
Impact of our drought is very clear. My Feb production was 44% greater than predicted. My March production was 52% greater.

Yep, everyone I talked with for solar output this winter had way more than normal!!! I loved the lack of rain this winter, and clouds. But, I expect next winter will make up for it.

It might just be an underestimate from the installer to ensure you are not upset. Always better to underpromise and overdeliver.

I think you jinxed things. The forecast for me in Contra Costa County is now overcast every day this week, but we aren't expecting a drop of rain. So the drought persists, and there isn't much solar production... worst outcome possible :(

I think you jinxed things. The forecast for me in Contra Costa County is now overcast every day this week, but we aren't expecting a drop of rain. So the drought persists, and there isn't much solar production... worst outcome possible :(
I had clouds and some rain this morning. But they have passed and am seeing blue sky now. If I leave the power off my bad inverter, and turn on with some sun out, I have been able to make it work at the moment, until I can get the new one installed. I could easily do it myself, but do not want to lose my warranty from the company that I paid to install this stuff.