TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

California Carpool stickers - most aesthetic placements?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by NoVIN4Me, Jun 22, 2016.

1. NoVIN4Me

NoVIN4Me Member

For those who are in CA and have the carpool stickers:

1) Do you put all 3 stickers and if so, any suggestions the most aesthetic placements?

2) I am also contemplating putting just one of the required 3. Think I saw a Model S with that. Would you get pull over by the cop if your car does not have all 3 stickers?

2. Rich Meister

Rich Meister Member

Like my other cars, they're in the glove compartment -__-

• Like x 1
  3. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

3) On someone else's car?

Sorry, but those things are hideous. I feel horrible for the owners whenever I see them.

4. Roentgen

Roentgen Member

I dunno about you, but I'd rather suffer the badge of ugliness rather than sit an extra hour or two in traffic. :(

5. Rich Meister

Rich Meister Member

I've been lucky, they never bother me in carpool. It's so obvious its electric. LOL

6. Rich Meister

Rich Meister Member

I take the 91 from Anaheim to Redondo Beach Mon - Fri...

7. chillaban

chillaban Member

If you're in California, note that this is the same as a ICE HOV violation ticket. The law makes no difference. The exception is if you have valid CAV decals affixed correctly to the car. It doesn't matter whether or not the car is electric.

Of course, most cops probably won't bother pulling you over. But if one does, don't get surprised that they'll make you cough up the whole $500 HOV violation fine.

8. NoVIN4Me

NoVIN4Me Member

Related, I tried to put the sticker on the bottom plastic bumper (not the paint), and it doesn't stick that well as I can easily peel it off. I know the plastic piece is not smooth but I was surprised the sticker didn't stick that well as I was thinking the sticker is permanent. Could be due to the Cquartz applied on the car? Anyone have the same experience?

I am afraid that it will peel off with weather overtime (I guess a good thing?)