Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Clean Vehicle Rebate Program Red Tape

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious on the general feeling regarding the program?

After placing my request, (months ago) uploading all requested completed forms. Got news of the expected wait time and was expecting receipt of the rebate check around June 24th. Yesterday was given an email demand for income verification and another form to be uploaded, with the warning that if I didn’t submit the docs by June 28th. my request (for rebate) would be denied...

I submitted applications for two vehicles and neither was subjected to income verification. Both have been approved but sadly neither check has been issued. They seem to be taking around 90 days to process the application, and then they allow themselves up to 90 more days to cut a check.

With funds now being on hold, it may be year before new applications end up getting approved and disbursed.

I submitted applications for two vehicles and neither was subjected to income verification. Both have been approved but sadly neither check has been issued. They seem to be taking around 90 days to process the application, and then they allow themselves up to 90 more days to cut a check.

With funds now being on hold, it may be year before new applications end up getting approved and disbursed.
Care to expand on the rebate funds being on hold?

Here's a little FYI for anyone waiting for a California Rebate

Waitlist in effect for Standard Rebate Applications received on or after June 5, 2019

As of June 5, 2019, funding is only available for qualified lower-income applicants, as described here. All other applications for vehicles already purchased/leased will be processed and placed on a rebate waitlist. Qualified applicants on the rebate waitlist will receive payment if the project receives more funding from the State of California. Learn more.

The Rebate Now pilot for San Diego County will continue to process applications for qualified lower-income applicants, but Rebate Now applications for all other income levels will not be accepted during the CVRP waitlist.

It further stated that everyone who had initially applied prior to 6/4/19 had their rebate amount set aside...but check yourself to be sure.