Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone intends to use this CVRP rebate on a new Model Y it would be wise to know that it changes on December 3rd.
When I leased my current FIAT 500E we got $2500 rebate. It is reducing to $2000 (or $4500 for low income). ALSO there is a new limit on the MSRP of the vehicle at $60,000. Easily exceeded for a Model Y and even a Model 3.

My original Pre-Order was $64k, then after some adjustments back in August it came down to $59k. If ordered now it would be $60k after the FSD price increase. I have seen some posts asking why they should "lend" Tesla $2500 deposit. This is a good answer. For me it saved $1k of price increase, with more to come, and it kept me under the CVRP limit to save $2k more. Best $2.5 k investment yet! If you want a Model 3 Performance, getting it before December 3rd could save $2.5k as that will be over the limit next month.
Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

In the Model 3 thread, someone said that Cvrp rep stated that ALL Model 3/Y variants will still qualify under new rules because they are going to use the base prices not including options. Hope it’s true because my order currently comes in at $61K. Can anyone verify?

The other big change to the program coming on Dec 3 is a reduction in the number of times you can claim it. Fortunately it's not retroactive.

Rebate limits are reducing from 2 rebates to 1 rebate per any single entity for individual and business applicants for the life of the program. This will not be applied retroactively. Applicants who have not already met their rebate limit prior to December 3, 2019, will be eligible for one additional rebate after December 3rd, 2019. Those that have already met their two-rebate limit will remain ineligible for an additional rebate.

Not available for the model Y yet, just checked

Fred

@Wennfred As the Model Y is not available, it does not qualify. Once available for purchase, the CVRP page will be updated to reflect the Model Y eligibility.

The other big change to the program coming on Dec 3 is a reduction in the number of times you can claim it. Fortunately it's not retroactive.

Rebate limits are reducing from 2 rebates to 1 rebate per any single entity for individual and business applicants for the life of the program. This will not be applied retroactively. Applicants who have not already met their rebate limit prior to December 3, 2019, will be eligible for one additional rebate after December 3rd, 2019. Those that have already met their two-rebate limit will remain ineligible for an additional rebate.

@mgraff Also note, the old rule has the following exception per the eligibility guidelines:

Except for rental, public and car share fleets, no single entity is eligible to receive more than two CVRP rebates either via direct purchase and/or lease as of January 1, 2015. All rebates issued prior to this date do not count toward the two rebate limit.

Individuals or businesses that have met the rebate limit with non-fuel cell vehicles may apply for one additional rebate for a fuel cell vehicle. This exception does not apply to rebate preapproval applications.

Traditional rental car fleets and car share fleets are capped at 20 rebates per calendar year. Public fleets are limited to 30 rebates per calendar year.

I believe the existing exceptions will carry forward. We claimed rebates in 2014 and in 2018. I can still claim one more for myself and potentially a separate one for my wife.

• Informative
Reactions: mickificki
@Wennfred As the Model Y is not available, it does not qualify. Once available for purchase, the CVRP page will be updated to reflect the Model Y eligibility.

@mgraff Also note, the old rule has the following exception per the eligibility guidelines:

Except for rental, public and car share fleets, no single entity is eligible to receive more than two CVRP rebates either via direct purchase and/or lease as of January 1, 2015. All rebates issued prior to this date do not count toward the two rebate limit.

Individuals or businesses that have met the rebate limit with non-fuel cell vehicles may apply for one additional rebate for a fuel cell vehicle. This exception does not apply to rebate preapproval applications.

Traditional rental car fleets and car share fleets are capped at 20 rebates per calendar year. Public fleets are limited to 30 rebates per calendar year.

I believe the existing exceptions will carry forward. We claimed rebates in 2014 and in 2018. I can still claim one more for myself and potentially a separate one for my wife.

yes I'm in the same boat. I got one rebate before the cutoff date and one after, so I'm still eligible to get one more rebate for my next EV.

In the Model 3 thread, someone said that Cvrp rep stated that ALL Model 3/Y variants will still qualify under new rules because they are going to use the base prices not including options. Hope it’s true because my order currently comes in at $61K. Can anyone verify?

As of 14Feb2020, Model Y now listed as eligible for rebate under CVRP.

CVRP Eligible Vehicles

Screenshot_20200214-170228_Samsung Internet.jpg

I called, and a CVRP representative confirmed that even Model Y variants over $60K like the Performance Model Y (MSRP $60,990) is also eligible since Base model MSRP is $41,000. This is supported by itemized cost on the order agreement and in the final MVPA.
20200202_073652.jpg
20200202_073545.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, I am in the process of my application, I just need to submit proof of registration. Lucky me, Tesla dealer forgot to leave it on the windshield lol Ill call them tomorrow and see if they can email me a copy because DMVs are probably running on fumes with COVID

anyone else doing it?

Hey guys, I am in the process of my application, I just need to submit proof of registration. Lucky me, Tesla dealer forgot to leave it on the windshield lol Ill call them tomorrow and see if they can email me a copy because DMVs are probably running on fumes with COVID

anyone else doing it?
Login to your tesla account. It’s usually at the bottom of the page that shows once you click the vin.