Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CA rebate documentation

Hi, for the documentation to be submitted, since the paperwork was signed electronically, did you have to print and sign the documentation or did you submit as is...? Appreciate your response. Thanks!

Regards,
Arjuna

Just got my check!

Here is my timeline:
  1. online CVRP application submitted 2/20/13
  2. CVRP app approved 2/20
  3. mailed paperwork to CVRP 3/11
    1. ​Needed a variance as only get 14 days
  4. CVRP paperwork signed for (via FedEx) 3/12
  5. got final approval from CVRP 3/13
    1. ​I did NOT get an e-mail explaining that until I sent an e-mail of inquiry to them
    2. Told it would be 30-60 days
  6. Got check on April 4/15/13 dated 4/9/13

Kudos to
John Anderson ([email protected]) who's hand-holding e-mails came extremely rapidly & courteously! :love:
Not only better than any government agency I've ever dealt with, but better than ANY large private company I've ever dealt with!

CA CVRP Rebate

I applied the CA CVRP $2500 rebate two weeks ago online. It says that they will review the application in 3-5 days but I haven't heard anything yet. They are probably overwhelmed with new applications. Anyone applied recently and is willing to share the experience?

Mod note: I keep moving new threads about this topic out of the Model S forum and merging with this thread.

Gentle reminders: 1) Please search a little before starting new topics, and 2) if the topic is regional (ie, not of interest to those outside the region), the regional subforums are probably the right destination.

Thanks.

I applied the CA CVRP $2500 rebate two weeks ago online. It says that they will review the application in 3-5 days but I haven't heard anything yet. They are probably overwhelmed with new applications. Anyone applied recently and is willing to share the experience?

I applied back in mid-March, and they got back to me within that 5 day window. I sent in the paperwork the following day, and received my check last week. I'd suggest you give them a call.

http://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/contact-cvrp

My graph (see first post of this thread) has crossed into negative territory for the first time. ("Pending" is greater than "remaining".) They've said in the past that when they run out, they will create a waitlist for when funds are replenished, but I don't think they've ever run out, before.

I emailed CVRP today and was told that they had sent me the instruction but I didn't receive it somehow. It was good that I checked since there is a deadline to respond. So please ask them if you don't receive a response after apply online.

I talked to a CVRP rep today and they mentioned checks are taking up to 60 days from "final approval" to arrive.

Furthermore, there is currently a wait list for those people who applied after all of the current funds were depleted. So those folks are in for a longer wait. However, the Center expects another cash infusion soon.

Curious how long it's taking Model S buyers in CA who bought their car this past summer. I filed right at end of August for my $2500 rebate, and got an email notice that I'd been approved about 2 weeks later. No check yet. I'm trying to figure out how much longer it might be. Is it days, weeks, months after approval? What are other CA folks seeing lately?