Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California DMV - license plate / reg processing time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi all,

seeing some threads like this:

and also have had plates never show during 2020 on a diff purchase (AAA helped remedy).. just trying to get a sense of timing before I begin to panic. In a similar situation to prior plate disappearances / Tesla-not-registering-properly wherein a lien holder is waiting on me too.

I got my Y 3/31 (<1 mo ago) in Los Angeles, CA. Anyone get theirs around the same time and have plates / reg in hand?

thanks in advance for any data points!

hi all,

seeing some threads like this:

and also have had plates never show during 2020 on a diff purchase (AAA helped remedy).. just trying to get a sense of timing before I begin to panic. In a similar situation to prior plate disappearances / Tesla-not-registering-properly wherein a lien holder is waiting on me too.

I got my Y 3/31 (<1 mo ago) in Los Angeles, CA. Anyone get theirs around the same time and have plates / reg in hand?

thanks in advance for any data points!
We also picked up our Y on 3/31 and no plates so far.

Mine just arrived today....from Motor Vehicle Software Corp (AKA Tesla Inc.). That is what you'll see if you use USPS informed delivery. Return address shows the delivery hub I picked up my car at. So from 3/14 to 5/17 - a little over two months.

Picked up our Model Y on 3/31 and still no plates/title/registration either...what is going on????
Update: Mine arrived 2 days after I posted this (47 days after we took delivery). Also, the same day I posted here (Sunday) I ended up emailing my local Tesla center by replying to the "order support" email they sent with instructions for delivery. Got a reply from them first thing the next morning on Monday confirming they had sent all paperwork in and they were able to send me a PDF copy of my new registration as well (which has the new plates # on it). They also said COVID was slowing the DMV processing times down. Copy of registration showed that it had been issued on 4/29/21 (about 30 days after we took delivery). On Tuesday, the plates and registration arrived.