Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California DMV - Plates & HOV Stickers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my stickers awhile ago and still have not applied them. I just came up with a new idea and wanted to hear your thoughts:

I am seriously thinking about installing an Eco-Hitch. What if I affixed the sticker to a plate (either a rectangular plate or, to get fancy, one cut to the sticker shape) and have this plate welded to a trailer hitch male component. This can be easily inserted on an as needed basis. Yes, could be stolen if not securely mounted...
I think this could look pretty good.

I am seriously thinking about installing an Eco-Hitch. What if I affixed the sticker to a plate (either a rectangular plate or, to get fancy, one cut to the sticker shape) and have this plate welded to a trailer hitch male component. This can be easily inserted on an as needed basis. Yes, could be stolen if not securely mounted...
I think this could look pretty good.

You may want to remove the hitch receiver when you don't need it. It tends to scrape bottom when driving over steeper driveway curbs.

I think Elon has the best looking and most practical location from a "visibility to Law Enforcement" perspective. I'll probably go that route and place it on top of some plastic film.

hmH22vO.jpg

Wait time : HOV Stickers and Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

How long did you have to wait between mailing the application and receipt of:

1. HOV stickers from the DMV
2. Rebate check from the CVRP

Thanks

P85 Grey/Back | Mirrors | Sound | 19" Cyclone | Tech | Parking | Carbon | Confirmed 9/12/13 | Delivered 11/6/13

Wait time : HOV Stickers and Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

Got my car 4 days before you. HOV took 2 weeks. I put them on really low. No sign of CVRP yet!

Well the DMV cashed my check 5 days ago so hopefully HOV stickers are on their way.

I got this today from the CVRP and checked the site. could be up to 60 days post 11/26/13 approval but at least it's coming!

Thank you for contacting us. We have received all of your documentation and approved your application. Your application was given the final approval on November 26, so you can expect your rebate check to arrive within 60 days of that date at the latest. Thank you for your patience and participation. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Please be advised that you can also check the current status of your rebate on our website at www.energycenter.org/cvrpstatus. In order to access this service, you will need your 5-digit application number, XXXXX.

Well the DMV cashed my check 5 days ago so hopefully HOV stickers are on their way.

I got this today from the CVRP and checked the site. could be up to 60 days post 11/26/13 approval but at least it's coming!

Thank you for contacting us. We have received all of your documentation and approved your application. Your application was given the final approval on November 26, so you can expect your rebate check to arrive within 60 days of that date at the latest. Thank you for your patience and participation. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Please be advised that you can also check the current status of your rebate on our website at www.energycenter.org/cvrpstatus. In order to access this service, you will need your 5-digit application number, XXXXX.

I'm trying to apply for my rebate right now and they are asking for a SIGNED copy of the executed sales contract. The copy I got from Tesla is a copy and is not signed… What did you guys use for that?

I'm trying to apply for my rebate right now and they are asking for a SIGNED copy of the executed sales contract. The copy I got from Tesla is a copy and is not signed… What did you guys use for that?
I had the same concern. I was assured by Tesla that the paperwork without the signature would be fine. So I rolled the dice and submitted the paperwork. Everything worked out just fine with no one rejecting the unsigned contract. Application was approved without any delays and got the check approximately 30 days later :)

I had the same concern. I was assured by Tesla that the paperwork without the signature would be fine. So I rolled the dice and submitted the paperwork. Everything worked out just fine with no one rejecting the unsigned contract. Application was approved without any delays and got the check approximately 30 days later :)

Oh hey Spaghetti! Appreciate that info! Is a copy of my Registration sufficient as well?

Anybody with any pictures of the CA HOV stickers on a white Model S? I'm thinking that they would obviously blend in the best but would be interested in seeing them....

I finally got my stickers this week. After playing amount with them a bit, I decided they did not look too bad and went ahead and put them on (using the 3M film technique).

I only did the back and right side stickers. The left side sticker faces the wrong way, IMHO, and I did not like how it looked with the lines of the car.

2asejuja.jpg

4a9utasu.jpg

qytu9ujy.jpg

hy2yrysy.jpg

Last edited:

Went through without a hitch. Got my Stickers in about two weeks time.

I finally got my stickers this week. After playing amount with them a bit, I decided they did not look too bad and went ahead and put them on (using the 3M film technique).
I only did the back and right side stickers. The left side sticker faces the wrong way, IMHO, and I did not like how it looked with the lines of the car.

liuping, looks good, I like your passenger side placement, but decided to place the small rear sticker as low as possible as it's more obvious on my silver S. I also used the 3M film technique. You are right that the driver side sticker doesn't blend in as well with the line of the wheel well as the passenger side sticker does, but I put it on anyway just because I don't want any trouble with the CHP.
HOV-right.jpg

HOV-rear.jpg

HOV-left.jpg

Last edited:
You are right that the driver side sticker doesn't blend in as well with the line of the wheel well as the passenger side sticker does, but I put it on anyway.

The sticker don't look bad on the silver.

I figure 99% of the time the driver side is against the concert barrier, so no one will notice. I think the CHP officer would have to be having a pretty bad day to ticket a Tesla missing 1 of 3 stickers. :)

Also, I wanted at least one view of the car that was "clean", in case I want to take pictures, etc.