Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California DMV - Plates & HOV Stickers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, I was reacting to the post before:

I think when people said they have xpel, I think they meant their whole car or the whole bumper is covered with it already. For me, I bought a roll of this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CSTPRT0/

Stick the stickers on top of it, cut them out, and then put them on the car using the sticky side of the 3M clear bra.

Will the clear bra material stick ok on the diffuser plastic?

Sorry, I was reacting to the post before:

Will the clear bra material stick ok on the diffuser plastic?

By diffuser plastic you mean the black lower part of the bumper that has some kind of texture finish? Yes, so far so good. I made sure I cleaned it really well and let it dry completely before putting the stickers on. I think it rained a few times since and I don't see it peeling off or anything yet.

Current status:
1. applied first week of March, 2018
2. Check cashed April 09, 2018
Anybody seen a delay in getting your stickers?

I submitted on March 23rd.
It was processed on April 24th (with check cashed).

I have yet to receive my stickers. I called and they confirmed all of the above, but they think there might be a delay in shipping. Anybody else seeing the same delay? I am wondering if mine was lost in mail and if I should resubmit.

applied 3/22
check cashed 4/26
stickers received 5/7

Mine is a 2013 CPO which didn't have HOV stickers on it when I received it. I called the DMV special processing unit (HOV stickers) to check if my VIN had ever had HOV stickers issued and they said no. I assumed I would be receiving red stickers but I got white ones instead.

Will check back with DMV tomorrow to confirm this is not a re-issue and whether I am eligible for re-applying for stickers next year. Mixed feelings cause the white stickers will look much better on my silver Tesla, but it also means I may have to apply stickers again (the red ones) come next year.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
applied 3/22
check cashed 4/26
stickers received 5/7

Mine is a 2013 CPO which didn't have HOV stickers on it when I received it. I called the DMV special processing unit (HOV stickers) to check if my VIN had ever had HOV stickers issued and they said no. I assumed I would be receiving red stickers but I got white ones instead.

Will check back with DMV tomorrow to confirm this is not a re-issue and whether I am eligible for re-applying for stickers next year. Mixed feelings cause the white stickers will look much better on my silver Tesla, but it also means I may have to apply stickers again (the red ones) come next year.
Thanks for sharing your dates. I guess I will wait it out this week.

called special processing unit today to ask about why I got white stickers and whether i'm eligible for re-applying at the end of the year.

didn't quite understand the exact reason he gave but he said get the red stickers has to do with supply. he also checked my plates and said that I should be fine to re-apply at the end of the year and they would be red stickers there. said that I would just put them over the existing white stickers. something interesting he said was that they don't have all the details worked out yet but the zero emissions vehicles (like electric should be fine to renew, but they my phase out the hybrids). take it for what it's worth - the main thing is that it doesn't seem they have everything finalized yet.

• Informative
Reactions: Macbest
I received my Model S on 3/14
Applied 3/21
Check cashed 5/1
Received sticker 5/11
Attaching the documents. Not sure if anybody shared this yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0997.jpg
    IMG_0997.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0998.jpg
    IMG_0998.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0999.jpg
    IMG_0999.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 71