Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California DMV - Plates & HOV Stickers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to call the DMV Special Processing Unit yesterday for an issue---they are about 1 month behind--just getting to 12/30/18 mail (they are just slammed with Tesla applications, especially from folks like me who held back applying late in 2018 to wait for the 2019 purple stickers). Once you see that your check is cashed, they are pretty fast about getting them in the mail.

I just so happened to trim the white when I was cutting off the XPEL and it looks sooo much better on a black car. I already don't have front plates so I figured if a cop is really looking for a reason to pull me over he'd find one anyways.

There are so many people w/o stickers driving solo in the HOV lane, I think I'm low priority with my little trim job to make them look less horrific.

(Mailed 1/1, check cashed 2/1, recv’d 2/7)

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_d47b.jpg

Last edited:
I just so happened to trim the white when I was cutting off the XPEL and it looks sooo much better on a black car. I already don't have front plates so I figured if a cop is really looking for a reason to pull me over he'd find one anyways.

There are so many people w/o stickers driving solo in the HOV lane, I think I'm low priority with my little trim job to make them look less horrific.

(Mailed 1/1, check cashed 2/1, recv’d 2/7)
That looks so much better, I think I'm going to do the same! The huge white border is terrible. I mailed 1/3, will update when check is cashed!