Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California DMV - Plates & HOV Stickers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my Model S in early February, submitted the HOV sticker form and check right away and had the check cashed two weeks ago and the stickers arrrive a couple of days after that. So between 8 and 10 weeks between submission of materials and receipt of stickers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367025776.076004.jpg

Took delivery on 3/16.

Got my vanity plates on 3/22 and filed on 3/23.

Got my stickers TODAY!!!!!!

I have my sticker for about 4 months now... it took a while to receive them from the California DMV. FWIW, while I was waiting (close to two months), I dialed my way into the Special Processing Unit at the DMV and the kind person told me they are slammed with processing a constant large number of plug-ins and EVs without additional resources. Just FYI.

I'm so mad/sad/disappointed right now. I received a letter from the DMV yesterday and it said that the address I used wasn't the registered address of the car! It's true, in the month between applying for the decals and when the letter was sent, I moved and so I changed the registered address of the car. Ugh. I'm going to call the DMV tomororw, maybe they can process me faster than snail speed.