Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California DMV - Plates & HOV Stickers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
September of last year? Wow, 14.5k miles in 4 months... >40k miles in a year? You sure save a lot in fuel and maintenance costs.
I was doing a 90 mile commute five days a week till the pandemic struck, so close to 24K miles/year with other driving included.

I was bummed when my white HOV sticker expired, so I had to commandeer my wife's new M3 and its red HOV sticker till we got the Y. She had to drive the S and didn't care for it as much.

I was doing a 90 mile commute five days a week till the pandemic struck, so close to 24K miles/year with other driving included.

I was bummed when my white HOV sticker expired, so I had to commandeer my wife's new M3 and its red HOV sticker till we got the Y. She had to drive the S and didn't care for it as much.

I thought my 30 miles one way commute was bad, bravos to you to able to handle the super long commute. Though, it makes it better in a Tesla.

HOV lane access definitely makes a huge difference, it's going to suck when the whole program ends at around September of 2025.

I thought my 30 miles one way commute was bad, bravos to you to able to handle the super long commute. Though, it makes it better in a Tesla.

HOV lane access definitely makes a huge difference, it's going to suck when the whole program ends at around September of 2025.
By then, there won't be HOV lanes. They will become toll lanes that those who can afford to pay will use, leaving the hapless rest of us in the main lanes. What pisses me off about these toll lanes is they occupy the rights-of-way for the roads that were built with taxpayer money.

Reactions: FlatSix911
By then, there won't be HOV lanes. They will become toll lanes that those who can afford to pay will use, leaving the hapless rest of us in the main lanes. What pisses me off about these toll lanes is they occupy the rights-of-way for the roads that were built with taxpayer money.

Oh yeah, i hear you. Such as the 10 and 110 freeways in LA, where traffic still sucks even in those expresslanes. I have heard they might do the same on the 405 (possibly the worse freeway/highway in the US), converting the single hov to a toll lane as well, adding even more traffic to it for more revenue.

Reactions: rxlawdude
For those wondering about DMV processing times for the title, I took delivery of my 2021 Model 3 SR+ on 12/31/2020. Tesla Colma delivery center didn't receive the DMV documents back until 1/4/2021 (due to New Years and weekend, so FedEx overnight took longer). The title date was 1/15/2021, post mark was 1/28, and I received it today. Still a fairly long wait, but not as bad as some accounts I read.

Still don't have the license plate or permanent registration card yet though, but I guess I can start on the CVRP application, now given I have the final license plate number now (didn't do it before because people mentioned if application was processed before ownership transferred in DMV sometimes application gets rejected).

Same here - got the title document in less than a week. Plates, however, took six weeks.

Colma? The city with an underground population?
Yes, just opened late last year apparently. Yeah, the city has way more dead people than living. Basically it's like Bay Area's graveyard. But the center is pretty much right near to Serramonte Shopping Center, which is very popular.
Serramonte-1500 Collins Ave | Tesla
New Tesla Service Center Coming to Colma in San Francisco - TeslaNorth.com

The best indication that your stickers are on the way is the clearing of your $22 check. Mine mailed 1/2/21 has not yet been cashed, so I'm guessing March for receipt of the stickers.

With COVID, currently light traffic moots the need for the stickers in the OC/LA area. So no hurry. Yet. :rolleyes:

For those wondering about DMV processing times for the title, I took delivery of my 2021 Model 3 SR+ on 12/31/2020. Tesla Colma delivery center didn't receive the DMV documents back until 1/4/2021 (due to New Years and weekend, so FedEx overnight took longer). The title date was 1/15/2021, post mark was 1/28, and I received it today. Still a fairly long wait, but not as bad as some accounts I read.

Still don't have the license plate or permanent registration card yet though, but I guess I can start on the CVRP application, now given I have the final license plate number now (didn't do it before because people mentioned if application was processed before ownership transferred in DMV sometimes application gets rejected).
Just as an update, I just got my plates today. So processing time isn't bad at all, around a month at least for the plates.