Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Governor snubs Tesla in State of the State address

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just finished watching California's State of the State address. In it, California Governor Gavin Newsom talked about the state's wildfires last year, asserting that they were due to greenhouse gas emissions. After that, he patted himself on the back for signing a law to require zero emissions vehicles by 2035.

What came next surprised me a bit in the brazenness of the snub against Tesla. He praised GM, Ford, and even Volvo (a Chinese-owned automaker) for making significant investments in zero emissions cars in order to "dominate" that industry in the future.

He didn't even mention Tesla, the ONLY significant automaker in California producing vehicles (for now), and by far the #1 company leading the charge, and currently dominating this industry segment.

Reactions: mikes_fsd and CO_MY
I just finished watching California's State of the State address. In it, California Governor Gavin Newsom talked about the state's wildfires last year, asserting that they were due to greenhouse gas emissions. After that, he patted himself on the back for signing a law to require zero emissions vehicles by 2035.

What came next surprised me a bit in the brazenness of the snub against Tesla. He praised GM, Ford, and even Volvo (a Chinese-owned automaker) for making significant investments in zero emissions cars in order to "dominate" that industry in the future.

He didn't even mention Tesla, the ONLY significant automaker in California producing vehicles (for now), and by far the #1 company leading the charge, and currently dominating this industry segment.
Gotta love the Golden State

Reactions: CO_MY
Elon Musk hurt his delicate feelings, and also did not donate money to his campaign fund.

To say California’s wild fires are caused by greenhouse gas emissions is a cop out, the fact is it’s caused by the terrible Forrest management and overbuilding. We’re building neighborhoods and towns in areas prone to wild fires and then act surprised when they burn down.

lightning strike hits dry brush and starts a fire and that’s somehow the fault of vehicle emissions. High winds breaks a power line which starts a wild fire and that’s somehow the fault of all those damn ice cars... yeah not buying it. Blaming all the problems on global warming is getting old.

Reactions: mikes_fsd