TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

California Home Delivery?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by hughbie, Jul 14, 2018.

1. hughbie

hughbie New Member

How was your home delivery experience? How did the process work? Did the paperwork / payment go as planned? Were you happy with the result? We're about 300 miles from our nearest SC, and home delivery was our only presented option. We're not financing, nor doing a trade-in. Hoping for our new Model 3 within the week.

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

There really is no “experience” essentially the transport company will drop car off to you , you will sign papers that you took delivery ... he will hand you key cards ...Tesla is transporting these cars without any wrapping so wouldn’t be surprised if u had some road damage ...given QC issues folks are reporting it may be worth trip to go to delivery center even though 300 miles out :(

3. Perry

Perry Member

I was not given an option to pick it up my self. I heard they don't have any more room at the delivery centers so for some, like me, home delivery is the only option. I hope I can bring it back for free repair if they screw up the paint.

4. Kelmn07

Kelmn07 Member

My home delivery couldn’t actually deliver to my home, something about being able to take a truck that size on residential roads.

It was a completely enclosed truck, so no issue with potential scratching but the car had previously been wrapped - there were white bits around many of the surfaces, I’m not sure the scratches-from-transit is as big an issue anymore.

As another responder said, since you aren’t doing financing or trade ins, they arrive, get the car off the bed, ask you to inspect it, verify you have chargers and mats, have you sign the paperwork and that’s it. My guy helped get the plates on and made sure I understood how access it with the key.

5. Red3

Red3 Member

My home delivery is scheduled for next week and my ISA said it will be a Tesla employee driving the car from the Port of San Francisco to me. The delivery person will go through everything just like at a delivery center.

6. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

Why Port of SF? Do they ship it there from Fremont???

7. Red3

Red3 Member

I think delivery is becoming a bottleneck so they sent a bunch of cars for folks in SF to the port to be home delivered. That’s just a theory though.