Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California HOV Sticker Application Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a Electric Smart car and had issues when first applying for my stickers as Mercedes listed the car under MP as gas, which took 6 months to clear up with the DMV.

I changed the original plates from CA for personal plates. I never looked at the original registration, just handed everything over to the DMV. This car came form out of state. Signed all papers with Tesla when I picked up car

So I am filling out form reg 1000 for my Tesla Model S

Make - on my Registration form its says TSMR is this correct? I would have put Tesla.

Year - the auto filling form wont take a year and save it? What the..

under YR Model its says 2013, Year 1st sold 2015, body type model 4d, MP E, MO WZ

So what Model info do I list on the form.

And do I see correctly, Year first sold 2015, does that mean I am eligible for the CA state rebate for new cars and the 7500 Federal rebate or what ever they call it?

Just want my white stickers and dont want them to deny it again.

and the others two would be sweet.....

Jim
i had problems when I first went into the site also. Had to launch it a few times to get it to accept the year. You would only be eligible for the rebates if the car was never registered.

By the way, are you in the Long Canyon area of Wood Ranch. Think I saw you the other day. Can't be too many MC Red cars in Simi Valley.

I will try launching it again

I have seen another MC Red in Simi thats identical to mine with the exception of tinted windows.

We had a thumbs up moment when pulling up next to each other.

Im off Tierra Rejada Rd going toward Moorpark

You may have seen my son driving the car, he goes up there all the time.

if that was you at the corner of madera and Tierra Rejada, that was me
I notice you dont have a pano, and you have tinted windows, if thats correct
Your car looked amazing, did you do anything to the paint. Sorry Multi-red hi jacking

Yes, no Pano and tinted windows. The paint is Ok, but once I get done with it in a few weeks, it will look even better. It's going in Thursday for a bunch of items to be corrected. There are a lot of little items that should have been picked up in the CPO process, but were not. The Van Nuys service center was surprised when they saw the list, but they promised to get it all corrected. I detail all my own cars - mostly with Griot's products, except for wax. I use P21S.

TSMR = Tesla. It's what DMV uses.
I downloadedhe reg1000.pdf, and fill it out using Acrobat, I'm able to enter MAKE: Tesla, MODEL: Model S under Section 1. (not a pull down menu)

Is your Tesla new? Only brand new or demo car qualify for $2500 CA rebate and $7500 federal tax credit.

Thats the big question, has it been registered....sent an email back to tesla to explain the DMV records

So on the Form, do I use TSMR since thats whats on my Registration, I still cant enter a year.

Vam nuys were great to me, you should be fine. Let us know what they say

What tint did you use, and what percent