Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California HOV Sticker Photos.....Show your placement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 331693 View attachment 331692 View attachment 331688 View attachment 331690 View attachment 331691 Gave in... my wife wanted them on for when she drives:(

Back in the day I used to love putting stickers on cars cause they made the car faster... now they really make the commute faster but I dreaded putting them on. If I where dropped on eibach springs then I would be funny and replace the front sticker with an eibach sticker.
What kind of spoiler is that? RPM?

I decided to document a how to guide. One can be quite opinionated on this. Please be nice. My approach with new lavender-colored decal with thick white border presents two elements of “color” and “contrast” (photo/graphic design terminology) impacts decal placement... mixed in with use of open space and aligning to physical features. I believe mounting too low draws the eye to the undercarriage of the vehicle. I feel it takes time to process that it’s a decal and not foreign debris. Anyhow, I hope this help the OCD types like me.

82473253-D48A-4ADA-BB5E-0160B938402F.jpegB9E8FAC0-3FAC-4340-B274-11783B24EE1B.jpeg5C9F4F5F-E3C5-4012-96FE-269827294ADC.jpegFD09EB84-5A7E-4034-9511-AB9427A5FC97.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: sbtz
THANK YOU!

I’m awaiting my terrible purple decals and seeing the various messy applications on other Model 3s makes my eyes bleed. I’m ok putting them on and I just want it to look right!

I decided to document a how to guide. One can be quite opinionated on this. Please be nice. My approach with new lavender-colored decal with thick white border presents two elements of “color” and “contrast” (photo/graphic design terminology) impacts decal placement... mixed in with use of open space and aligning to physical features. I believe mounting too low draws the eye to the undercarriage of the vehicle. I feel it takes time to process that it’s a decal and not foreign debris. Anyhow, I hope this help the OCD types like me.

View attachment 376629View attachment 376630View attachment 376631View attachment 376632

View attachment 376629View attachment 376630View attachment 376631View attachment 376632

Can you post some pics of the final result?

I kept it low instead. You can hardly see them when you stand next to the car as the lower part of the body curve inward. Out of sight out of mind. LOL.

hov_decal_front.JPG
hov_decal_side.JPG
hov_decal_back.JPG

I kept it low instead. You can hardly see them when you stand next to the car as the lower part of the body curve inward. Out of sight out of mind. LOL.

View attachment 378553 View attachment 378554 View attachment 378555

Nice! I didn't realize DMV meant "right side as you are looking at the car" ;)
  1. Small Decals-
    • For white decals, place on the right side of the rear bumper only, with the state seal pointed up on the bottom of the decal.
    • For green and red decals, place on the right side of each bumper, front and rear, with the state seal pointed up on the bottom of the decal.
    • decal_locate_fb.gif

WARNING:
      Do not attempt to remove or reposition CAV decals after application. Doing so will result in the destruction of the decals.