Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Lease Pickup Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, has anyone here recently done a touchless pick up for a leased model 3 from a service center in California? If so, what was the process like? Did you need to talk to anyone, sign papers, etc...? Or did you just unlock the car from the app and drive off?

I don't see a lease option on the Tesla ordering page, like they used to have.
This screenshot was taken today (02/20/2022), going through the order flow. Lease option still there on the right side:

Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 12.27.01 AM.png

Then I stand corrected. Good to know!

But, a friend of mine recently bought a Model 3 here in California and they delivered the car to her, the service station was like 15 minutes from her. She still had to sign DMV papers. But I doubt it's a touchless process anymore since masks are required in the state anymore.

I thought Tesla stopped leasing their vehicles?

Haven't stopped leasing. But they do not let you buy the model Y or 3 after the lease has matured. So if you intent on using up all the lease mileage I would lease. Leave no miles on the table. If this is gonna be a second car or toy and you don't plan on putting many miles on it over he course of 2 to 3 years then buy it. You don't want tesla running off with your equity if thete is a chance of having any.