Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery yesterday at Burbank - went through exhaustive checklist - everything perfect! I was given the cards and allowed to check everything out before accepting delivery. They were very helpful and patient - it took me 45 mins to go through the whole list. I will post pics when I can - but STOKED on the whole delivery process. The car is SICK! Dig it..... I have new console, heated steering wheel, old lights. Born on 3.12.21. Ordered 2/5 and was never in contact with Tesla and the Fleet Mgmt Company I ordered from had never ordered a Tesla before so they were clueless - car sat at the Service Center for a week waiting for them to figure it out! The future moves quickly for old school car firms!

Took delivery yesterday at Burbank - went through exhaustive checklist - everything perfect! I was given the cards and allowed to check everything out before accepting delivery. They were very helpful and patient - it took me 45 mins to go through the whole list. I will post pics when I can - but STOKED on the whole delivery process. The car is SICK! Dig it..... I have new console, heated steering wheel, old lights. Born on 3.12.21. Ordered 2/5 and was never in contact with Tesla and the Fleet Mgmt Company I ordered from had never ordered a Tesla before so they were clueless - car sat at the Service Center for a week waiting for them to figure it out! The future moves quickly for old school car firms!
would you be able to share that checklist? I'm waiting on taking delivery today for my MY LR. Thanks and Congrats!

Reactions: Noigle
Just curious. do you all need a car right now? I sold my car last year. The whole family uses one car as now and we do not go out except for weekend grocery. both my partner and I work at home since last March. This is the main reason I reject my delivery. Just wonder why so many ppls here need a car now.

Today was the end of my original delivery timeframe on my 7 seat, pearl white (with black interior) gemini wheels MY. I texted the SR yesterday because I still did not have a VIN. He told me I am set to get a VIN tomorrow (26th). He said they will need to receive and inspect the vehicle first, so that probably means I can take delivery on the 29th. Of course, that's not carved in stone since I don't have a VIN at this moment.

(This room is what interested me in teslamotorsclub. I realize I'm probably in the wrong room since I live in WA, but hopefully you can tolerate a former CA resident for the duration of my wait).

What did they charge? Were you paying by credit card for $50k? If it is financing, don't pay the second payment and get it reversed. If it has to do with your bank, call them and put a stop payment or chargeback request. Should be easy to fix. Seems scary but relax and be patient.

Reactions: Noigle
Hi, I've been lurking for a while and benefitting from the shared info, so I thought I should start contributing to help others. On 2/26/2021 I ordered:

MY Long Range
Blue Exterior
19" Gemini Wheels
No Tow Hitch
All Black Interior
7 Seat
Autopilot only / no FSD

At the time I placed the order, the page estimated 2-5 weeks, but I have never had an ETA in my account. I completed my profile on 2/27 and have seen absolutely no change on my order page.

When I scheduled a test drive in early February at the UTC Tesla showroom, I was lucky to get a very good SA. I spoke to him a few times as I was considering a MY vs I-Pace and he consistently told me that I would receive the car at the end of March, FWIW. After I ordered he checked to see if there were matches in inventory, but there were none and he repeated that I should expect delivery before the end of March. Having read the wide range of responses people here have received from SA's, I have not bothered to ask him about updates. However, I did ask today about adding a referral code to my order, which he said he did and then volunteered that I "should be getting matched most likely tomorrow".

We will see and I will post any updates. I will go now to add my info to the spreadsheet.

I can’t remember if it was in this thread or another one but someone posted that their SA told them only certain colors were being made for the last week so if you chose a color not in production you’d be waiting til later April or May.
I remember reading that, too, and that does make sense. At the same time, I know there are examples of SAs being outright wrong, so I take all of this with a grain of salt. If memory serves, the two colors being made for the end-of-quarter were white and black, which makes me wonder if I can believe the information from my SA. I will report back.

160xxx LR White on Black 19” w Tow just assigned. Was notified this morning that it was expected to be built Friday 3/26. Guess it came off the line earlier. Expecting Sunday delivery in SoCal with old headlights. I think I’ll just accept if the build quality is great. I was waiting for new headlights, but getting tired of playing this waiting game and don’t really want to keep playing next month.

Well they just dropped off my car about an hour ago in my driveway, I have not accepted delivery and I am out there with a flash light and see some issues with scratches and gaps. Pretty disappointing considering I have been waiting for what feels like forever. I am going to call them tomorrow and see my options here, they told me I could claim any issues within 100 miles after I accepted - just wanted to double confirm.

Besides the car showing up like its been sitting outside for a few days I can live with that just annoyed now I have to deal with this since I was told Home Delivery was my only option. There is some other fitment issues with the plastic around the front driver side tire. Will take more pics in the AM when it's light out 😬

Attachments

• IMG_7362.jpg
    IMG_7362.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 66