Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery last night of my model y around 8:30 PM. We’re 20 miles from the Fremont factory. 2 young engineers showed up driving the vehicle. The car looks great and has 24 miles on it. It was fun asking them about their jobs. They have a final day of the quarter program where employees from other functions can volunteer to help get the cars delivered to local addresses. One guy was training his partner for more deliveries after mine and they said they were planning to work to midnight. After letting me inspect and accept the car, they said ”have fun” and called an Uber back to the factory.

Hi everyone!

Order placed on 4/14 Inland Empire area
MY LR
White / White
19 inch wheels
5 seater
No tow hitch
No FSD

Delivery date has been all over the place a week ago it was May25-June11 as of Saturday it’s June 1-21

Most of us in CA are following this thread:

Reactions: Esmi
Hi All, first post! Was on reddit and found these CA waiting rooms.

Ordered 3/28, from my understanding the SA put the item on hold until a refinance loan completed. May 26th or 28th gave the SA the heads up we're in the clear. My order dates have been consistently changing. We finalized payment and registration around the same time.

3/28 ordered
1st - 1 to 10 weeks
(finalized payment and registration around end of May) 2nd - July 3 - July 22
3rd - 1 to 10 weeks
4th - July 1 - July 30th
5th - July 3rd - July 22
current - July 30th - August 19

I've texted my SA a couple of times and he mentioned back in May when I gave him the heads up about the close of the refinance that my date may be sometime in July or even late August. SA's been someone responsive but unclear about the whole thing. I've contacted the chat support and also the showroom and they said that they don't see a hold on the account and everything is in good standing and that I'm just waiting.

Located in Los Angeles, opted for pickup in Marina Del Rey.
MYLR White, Black, 19inch standard, no FSD, no Tow (Basic model Y LR)

I've come to the point where I sort of don't care but becoming more frustrated on whether my order will fit in the 2Q push or am I really waiting all the way to August. I've seen a couple in inventory but I'm concerned that 1) these are rejected vehicles and 2) the price is 4500 higher than what I paid for.

Is my 3/28 order consider a late MAY order because of the hold? Lurking around the posts here it seems that anyone ordered in April and Early may would be getting a end of 2Q delivery? Does the VIN SourceCode still work?

Is my 3/28 order consider a late MAY order because of the hold? Lurking around the posts here it seems that anyone ordered in April and Early may would be getting a end of 2Q delivery? Does the VIN SourceCode still work?

I’m in the same boat. 2/14 order on hold till 6/4. Yes, timing wise it’s a new order. Only benefit you get is the discounted pricing. Which makes the inventory options so painful. For me it would be a $3500 swing for the exact same config. 🤷‍♂️

I test drove and ordered a Model Y on June 2nd. The test drive blew me away ... I was told Sept-Oct delivery but a week later it was changed to Aug 3-Aug 23. Earlier this week it was changed again to Sept. This morning I got a text saying delivery is scheduled for June 21st? My guess is they are trying delivering as many as they can in Q2.

I have a VIN and have paid so I assume its a done deal. The Car spec is:
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
I have a 2 month overlap on a leased Range Rover so end of August was my preferred delivery date but concerns about low Model Y inventories made me pull the trigger now.

I test drove and ordered a Model Y on June 2nd. The test drive blew me away ... I was told Sept-Oct delivery but a week later it was changed to Aug 3-Aug 23. Earlier this week it was changed again to Sept. This morning I got a text saying delivery is scheduled for June 21st? My guess is they are trying delivering as many as they can in Q2.

I have a VIN and have paid so I assume its a done deal. The Car spec is:
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
I have a 2 month overlap on a leased Range Rover so end of August was my preferred delivery date but concerns about low Model Y inventories made me pull the trigger now.
Someone rejected or canceled order after car was produced so they went down the list of local people who matched. It is the dilemma many people with holds are faced with. If you want July delivery and are in Bay Area and you release your hold before the end of Q2, it is very likely you will get a car now.

Hi there!

Waiting times are just getting longer, huh? :)

Ordered MY LR AWD on 8/19/2021
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • No Tow Hitch
  • No FSD
Estimated Delivery: December 19, 2021 - January 08, 2022

Just in time for Christmas!🎄🎅

Interesting, I had a hold from an April order that I released and got a mid September EDD window instead of the expected end of the line Jan 2022. Contacted my SA and he said to go back on hold and release on October 15 for December 2021 delivery. Can’t believe it goes back in line in front of all these mid summer orders. Unless it has something to do with getting lower priced order holds off the books.

Interesting, I had a hold from an April order that I released and got a mid September EDD window instead of the expected end of the line Jan 2022. Contacted my SA and he said to go back on hold and release on October 15 for December 2021 delivery. Can’t believe it goes back in line in front of all these mid summer orders. Unless it has something to do with getting lower priced order holds off the books.
I think it has to do with your profile being 100% complete when you placed it on hold. Mine was not, and when I released it on 6/4 I completed it and got the September EDD window. Another user on here released his order (100% completed profile prior) at just about the same time and was driving his car 2 weeks later.