Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow if you guys don’t have an estimate delivery and it’s been a while try calling the delivery center.
SoCal was 714-545-1800 option 4

I just called and she said my account was on hold because I was considering delaying delivery till April. FYI, anything you email to your sa is recorded for anyone to see.

She then released my account for immediate delivery so we will see. She said I should get a vin within 1 to 2 weeks.
Thanks for the tip! I just called them and requested an VIN match ASAP. They marked my account to be “immediately matched” as soon as car comes in. She confirmed that everyone should get their deliveries y the 31st. Hopefully mines sooner than later. :)

Thanks for the tip! I just called them and requested an VIN match ASAP. They marked my account to be “immediately matched” as soon as car comes in. She confirmed that everyone should get their deliveries y the 31st. Hopefully mines sooner than later. :)
How did this conversation go?
"Hi, I'm impatient and I know others are waiting but can you move me to the front?" 😂

Not going to lie, I'd call as well but I have no idea how to phrase the question.

The Tardis has arrived!
5DD6A6B7-65DF-4F67-97D7-69CE423D83B5.jpeg

So awesome to hear super quick VIN matching happening. I think, knowing what I know now, I should've just sat back and enjoyed the wait time... instead of checking every day and lurking on these forums since mid-January, haha! Those of us who ordered early in the quarter just had to wait longer. One thing I will say, is that I just hope that none of us expecting delivery close to the end of the quarter have to deal with QC issues. We shall see!

So awesome to hear super quick VIN matching happening. I think, knowing what I know now, I should've just sat back and enjoyed the wait time... instead of checking every day and lurking on these forums since mid-January, haha! Those of us who ordered early in the quarter just had to wait longer. One thing I will say, is that I just hope that none of us expecting delivery close to the end of the quarter have to deal with QC issues. We shall see!
I think it's important to go to the Delivery Center with the mindset that you will have this car for YEARS. It's okay to wait an extra 1-3 weeks and reject delivery.

Reactions: jackgSD
It's a good point. I would say for me the biggest things are:
- Expecting a kid in the next few weeks and it would be great to drive him home in the safest car ever built.
- Financing loan is only good out to another week, so if I reject delivery on Friday, I'd likely have to re-apply & take the credit pull hit

Small potatoes, honestly. You're absolutely right and if we have to take him home in my wife's car, that'll be fine, and if I have to wait a few more weeks / re-apply for the loan the world will continue to turn!

Reactions: kvnxush
So I order a Y, basically stock on 2/24. I'm a reasonably patient guy. I'm in SoCal. I understand that CA deliveries seem to be pushed to the end of March. Like others I've seen my delivery date pushed back from early March to later March. That's doable. Called my SA today to check on any insights. He said, "Looks good for the end of March." I'm OK with that, and ask him, what's the worst case scenario, I have a long planned road trip in mid-April. He says, "Worst case scenario, is sometime in June." What the....? He adds, "That shouldn't happen, I'm sure it will be earlier than that." Not so comforting. I guess, under promise and over deliver?

Looks like my delivery date keeps getting pushed out further.
Order Date: 03/10/21
Estimated Delivery: March 20 - March 29
Config: Model Y (LR AWD) - 5 Seater [Midnight Silver]
Pickup Location: Fremont

Originally it was 03/13 - 03/31; the number on the left keeps growing while the number on the right has largely remains the same.

Last edited:
I GOT MY CAR! On 3/15 the website updated with a deliver date of 3/18 and it was going to be delivered to my house. I called and asked if I was able to pick it up and they said it would be on the 17th. I got a call yesterday 3/16 and it was a Tesla advisor asking if I wanted to pick up the car the same day. Wishing 2 hours I got the email that my car was ready for me to pick it up at the Fremont location.

I got to enjoy it yesterday and drive it around but I dropped it off this morning to have it stealth wrapped. I should be picking it up within 2-3 days. Have so much planned for it and really excited to be a part of get Tesla family. I can't wait!
IMG_1152.jpg

Ordered last week on Wednesday (3/10), got a VIN this morning.

pickup location: Fremont

configuration:
-black paint
-black interior
-5 seater

I’m a bit confused as to what to do next. Don’t have a delivery date scheduled yet. Will someone from Tesla call me?
You probably will receive an email, a text, and a automated phone call to confirm your delivery. In the meantime, double check if CVAP is applied, make your final payment, accept the documents, and upload your new (or current) insurance.

So I order a Y, basically stock on 2/24. I'm a reasonably patient guy. I'm in SoCal. I understand that CA deliveries seem to be pushed to the end of March. Like others I've seen my delivery date pushed back from early March to later March. That's doable. Called my SA today to check on any insights. He said, "Looks good for the end of March." I'm OK with that, and ask him, what's the worst case scenario, I have a long planned road trip in mid-April. He says, "Worst case scenario, is sometime in June." What the....? He adds, "That shouldn't happen, I'm sure it will be earlier than that." Not so comforting. I guess, under promise and over deliver?
Dont worry
Way back when they would end production at the end of quarters and focus on other counties. But now, with more factories, they are still producing MY's, just not as fast of a rate.
Always take what SA's say with a grain of salt
I deferred delivery in Dec and got 3 vins in Jan and one in Feb.

Dont worry
Way back when they would end production at the end of quarters and focus on other counties. But now, with more factories, they are still producing MY's, just not as fast of a rate.
Always take what SA's say with a grain of salt
I deferred delivery in Dec and got 3 vins in Jan and one in Feb.
yeah. same experience. I had no intention of getting the car until the cvap was ready. TSLA "chased" me to give me one. I denied 4 total. 1 at the end of Dec. the last 3 were in jan and feb.

Reactions: rbreeze
The VIN just appeared in my account this morning!
VIN: 146XXX
Config: MY LR AWD 5 Seater (Silver)
Estimated Delivery: March 18 - March 21

What's strange is I still can't get a quote for Tesla insurance or make any final payments?
Oatman, I couldn't complete the final payment or get a Tesla insurance quote until a delivery date and time were setup, which was 2 days before I received my car! BTW, I went with the Tesla insurance, much better than what Geico quote me and I had been with them for years! (beat them by $80/month). Cheaper than my BMW insurance had been too.

Reactions: oatman
Hey everyone, checking back in. I hope folks are getting cars!

I will say, once you get a VIN, things move fast. I ordered on 2/7.... crickets... 3/10 VIN.... 3/11 setup delivery for 3/13

Hope you all get your cars soon!
Can confirm, very similar experience in San Diego, with the Carlsbad service center.
Ordered on 1/16, went through the whole debacle of watching my ETD count up until it passed the 2/27 date, then just disappear!
Got a VIN on Monday (3/15), finished final payment same day and offered for delivery as soon as Friday, 3/19.
Today I got a call to see if I wanted to come in later this afternoon to pick it up at the service center! Hell yeah I want it earlier!

Hang in there, folks!

A little disheartening to see people who ordered their MY after me (3/5) to be receiving VIN’s, and taking deliveries shortly after! Even people in the same area as me! I know I’m just being impatient, but has anyone experienced such? LR MY AWD, Solid Black, Black Interior, Induction Wheels, Autopilot. Let me know your experiences!