Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure you can gift you car to someone else. They will put it back in the system and mach it to an existing order. It is not yours to do with as you please unless you pay for it.
That was my understanding, I didnt think you had the option to hand your order over to someone else and rather it just goes back into the pool for re-assignment. But I am just speculating

Crazy. Just checked my account. I was going to pick up the car WED at Costa Mesa to inspect it, etc, BEFORE paying.

They apparently switched it to delivery without telling me. Also, the lady said they changed the pick up location from Costa Mesa to a new Irvine location?? Anyone know about this lol
Just got a text 1905 Main St, Irvine, CA 92614 it's a parking garage lol
Seems so shady. But on the Tesla account it still says pick up in Costa Mesa now haha

Looks like someone's trying to pull a fast one on big daddy.

If this was a Lexus, I'd say delivery to my home no problem. However, I still want to inspect the vehicle as I've heard stories where there are issues with the car but you technically accepted delivery already making it a bigger headache.

Just fyi fam.

Crazy. Just checked my account. I was going to pick up the car WED at Costa Mesa to inspect it, etc, BEFORE paying.

They apparently switched it to delivery without telling me. Also, the lady said they changed the pick up location from Costa Mesa to a new Irvine location?? Anyone know about this lol
Seems so shady. But on the Tesla account it still says pick up in Costa Mesa now haha

If this was a Lexus, I'd say delivery to my home no problem. However, I still want to inspect the vehicle as I've heard stories where there are issues with the car but you technically accepted delivery already making it a bigger headache.

Just fyi fam.
Kinda similar situation as me. I was supposed to pick up at their Costa Mesa location. They called me in the morning of the pickup date saying they will deliver to me instead. Then I got a text saying it was delivered. It was blocking common area and I had to move it and accepting the delivery was my only option to get into the car.
I discovered few issues in the following days. Brought them into SC three times. Initially I regretted kicking myself why didnt I reject.. but now I am happy because SC did a fantastic job and even if I had rejected it the chances of getting the perfect one is not high. I see other model Ys in my neighborhood and I havent seen a single MY with perfect door hood and hatch alignment. I think we need to wait until they start manufacturing out of Giga factory for that.

• Helpful
Reactions: everydaychris
Picked up my MY LR today at Buena Park. It was a 139xxx VIN, built 3/3.

White exterior
Black interior
Tow hitch
20“ Induction
No FSD

Only a small minor issue where the driver side A-pillar was really close to where it meets the front quarter panel. Told the SA, and he said he would drive it to service to have it checked. I was fully expecting the "within spec" explanation, but he had the pillar adjusted and looking good in twenty minutes.

There were about 8 other white MY LR's being picked up today, so congrats to those owners as well.

Just fyi fam.
The parking garage is where they house most of their Tesla deliveries. The parking lot at the CM location isn’t large enough. They’ve been doing this for awhile now.

Reactions: everydaychris
Finally decided to switch over my order for a MY SR to the LR and within a few hours, I was given a VIN. (158xxxx). It sure has been an arduous process trying to get the SR but after discussing it with the wife, we decided that we can shift stuff around and get the LR. Can't wait to finally be in a MY after having originally order the SR back in 1/24.
Good luck!!! 7 seater??
I don’t want to wait any longer either. The chances of me getting an sr continue to dwindle .

I'm a first time buyer. We placed our order on 2/11/2021

Pearl white
Black interior
Gemeni wheels
7 seater premium interior
no FSD
No tow

I'm still waiting for a VIN. I got an email that said that the delivery window was from 2/25 - 3/25, but I don't have any such delivery window in my account, nor on my phone app. I haven't gotten any subsequent communication to update the delivery window.

What I'm noticing is that it seems that the 5 seat orders are being delivered, but not the 7 seat orders, so I'm holding on for that.

Yeah Good luck!!! 7 seater??
I don’t want to wait any longer either. The chances of me getting an sr continue to dwindle .
5 seater
MY LR AWD, White over White, 5 seater, AP, No tow

Like I mentioned in another thread, according to my SA, they are still producing the SR but in very limited quantities just to fulfill open orders that were received before the cutoff date. The rollout of these SRs are not as much a priority as the LRs and Ps at this point in the quarter end push and that's why they were told that SR orders can go all the way to June to be fulfilled. Hence the discussion with the wife as to how to proceed with this car. As I type this out, I just got the text that the delivery will be made to my home in 1-3 days. Wow!

5-seater, LR AWD, Midnight Silver, Black Interior, AP, No Tow, 20" Inductions

Still waiting on a VIN and delivery date from my order on 2/26. I did ask if my MY was going to have the new headlights, HEPA filter, new center console, and heated steering wheel and my SA said that my car would have all of those... so maybe that's why?