Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California PG&E, SCE, & SDG&E customers: OhmConnect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
I learned about this great service through GasDoc - once you connect with your utility, you are sent notifications when your electricity is coming from dirty power sources. If you reduce your usage, you get paid (I'm at just over $6 in a day). California prefers to pay residents to reduce energy use, instead of paying a power plant to produce more energy.

You can learn more/sign up by using my link. Or use GasDoc's link if he posts below (you get a $5 credit, we get a $5 credit). Or wiztechy's link. Or ddimit's link. ohmc.co/bonnieno

Added bonus, I set it up to reduce automatically by linking my Nest thermostat. (I'm not willing to link it to my Tesla account...ymmv.) And I love seeing where my energy is coming from, when not running solar. About 45% is coming from geothermal and wind. The rest is natural gas (boo). Great incentive to lower energy use. WHERE'S MY POWERWALL????

Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 7.30.30 AM.png

Hmm. But my Tesla charges at night when clean power sources are greatly reduced. Basically, most power that feeds my Tesla is natural gas (but it's not coal at least). Does that mean Ill get notifications to not charge my car every night?