Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California plant reopening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think what is frustraiting a lot of company ceo's and Americans right now is that there are so many mixed messages coming out about the future restrictions. You have a President saying he wont extend the stay at home orders while local counties in some places have extended it as far as June 15th. Not to mention when this all started the American people were told these shelter in place orders were only going to last till the curve flattened out... which it has, for a few weeks now. All that being said and im not saying this just because I wan to get my Y, we need to start oppening up major bussinesses or the economy will be hit even harder people are not able to pay bills and getting extensions payments which is great, but that is kicking the can down the road those companies are going to want their money eventually.

Our leaders owe us more. Our federal, state and local governments have dedicated intense government resources to shutting down the country, yet they seem unable to plan beyond the shutdown. On the contrary, many politicians are adding to the uncertainty with dire warnings that the shutdown will last an undefined long time.Still, why are they not dedicating more focus and resources toward reopening the country? Where are the politicians explaining under which conditions the country can reopen? Will they first allow certain businesses to reopen? Or only open certain business hours? Or open the country by region?

Reactions: X-pilot and teko
I think what is frustraiting a lot of company ceo's and Americans right now is that there are so many mixed messages coming out about the future restrictions. You have a President saying he wont extend the stay at home orders while local counties in some places have extended it as far as June 15th. Not to mention when this all started the American people were told these shelter in place orders were only going to last till the curve flattened out... which it has, for a few weeks now. All that being said and im not saying this just because I wan to get my Y, we need to start oppening up major bussinesses or the economy will be hit even harder people are not able to pay bills and getting extensions payments which is great, but that is kicking the can down the road those companies are going to want their money eventually.

Our leaders owe us more. Our federal, state and local governments have dedicated intense government resources to shutting down the country, yet they seem unable to plan beyond the shutdown. On the contrary, many politicians are adding to the uncertainty with dire warnings that the shutdown will last an undefined long time.Still, why are they not dedicating more focus and resources toward reopening the country? Where are the politicians explaining under which conditions the country can reopen? Will they first allow certain businesses to reopen? Or only open certain business hours? Or open the country by region?
The conditions are obvious: cases low enough that you can use test-and-trace. But because it's the Disunited States of America with terrible leadership, unintegrated healthcare and offshored manufacturing, nobody knows whether they'll really be able to do test and trace.

Musk is seeing Tesla's strong position and financial strategy evaporate and as a result has revealed to more people how much of an arrogant, uncaring person he is. I don't think he even understands the irony of his all-cap tweets about freedom, with Tesla's operating factory being in a country with a brutal and increasingly totalitarian regime.

He'd already made himself look arrogant and ignorant with his multiple erroneous tweets through this, which has just added to his back catalog.

I'm a utilitarian, so this wouldn't sway my purchasing decisions, but I think this is another case where idealists have had their eyes opened.

Which hospital should Musk go to to see Covid patients? My doctor says the hospitals around here are sending workers home. No patients and not allowed to do elective surgery like his knee. This has since been lifted. But other than NYC I have not heard of any hotspots other than nursing homes. According to Google somewhere around 40% of CV19 deaths occurred in nursing homes. https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/health-and-medicine/article242348891.html

That's where we should be concentrating our efforts.

I side with Musk.

Ignoring everyone's opinion. Let's just take a quick look at the stats:
Covid v Other.JPG

So we effectively close down the US to put a damper on cases and deaths. By the same token, perhaps we should also take everyone's vehicle away to stop the epidemic of automobile deaths as it far exceeds Covid, influenza and OD deaths rolled into one by a factor of 6.

The impact to our economy is and will be much greater by the 3rd to 4th qtr of this year than any other time and could take years to recover, even the crash of '29 took almost 10 years to recover, and this is far worse than that crash as it's global, unless we start it back up real soon.

View attachment 537468
So we effectively close down the US to put a damper on cases and deaths. By the same token, perhaps we should also take everyone's vehicle away to stop the epidemic of automobile deaths as it far exceeds Covid, influenza and OD deaths rolled into one by a factor of 6.

The impact to our economy is and will be much greater by the 3rd to 4th qtr of this year than any other time and could take years to recover, even the crash of '29 took almost 10 years to recover, and this is far worse than that crash as it's global, unless we start it back up real soon.

Couldnt agree with you more! Especially considering the majority of the "at risk" population is not the working class i think its crucial we get the country up and running again. Nobody is saying life should be 100% normal again there are still ways to social distance, clean etc while letting the country opperate. Those at high risk can shelter in place and stay safe. Even the data is showing that this pandemic is not what they all thought it was going to be and while some of that is because of the shelter in place... i think its time to move forward and get this country moving again

View attachment 537468

What people advocating for a quick restart are arguing for is (a) the right to infect others, and (b) another, even bigger second wave.

SMH.

The conditions are obvious: cases low enough that you can use test-and-trace. But because it's the Disunited States of America with terrible leadership, unintegrated healthcare and offshored manufacturing, nobody knows whether they'll really be able to do test and trace.

Musk is seeing Tesla's strong position and financial strategy evaporate and as a result has revealed to more people how much of an arrogant, uncaring person he is. I don't think he even understands the irony of his all-cap tweets about freedom, with Tesla's operating factory being in a country with a brutal and increasingly totalitarian regime.

He'd already made himself look arrogant and ignorant with his multiple erroneous tweets through this, which has just added to his back catalog.

I'm a utilitarian, so this wouldn't sway my purchasing decisions, but I think this is another case where idealists have had their eyes opened.

I completely agree with you on this. Every time Elon opens his mouth (or his Twitter client), it decreases my desire to own a Tesla. His comments on the stay at home orders being "fascist" are a joke and a mask for his real concern: how the current situation impacts his personal wealth.

What people advocating for a quick restart are arguing for is (a) the right to infect others, and (b) another, even bigger second wave.

SMH.
I could not disagree more. What I'm advocating for is to open America with precautions. I have been shuttered for 6 weeks now (luckily working remotely), my wife was furloughed, my 3 children were also furloughed and their better halves as well. You have all the answers, how is this good for my family or our country? Again, we must reopen America with the proper precautions, i.e., masks, distancing, restaurants with less seating capacity.

I could not disagree more. What I'm advocating for is to open America with precautions. I have been shuttered for 6 weeks now (luckily working remotely), my wife was furloughed, my 3 children were also furloughed and their better halves as well. You have all the answers, how is this good for my family or our country? Again, we must reopen America with the proper precautions, i.e., masks, distancing, restaurants with less seating capacity.
BAZINGA !!

I'd agree if the proper precautions include massive testing and tracing capability. Without that you'll just risk a massive increase in infections and deaths. None of that is there at the moment.

Public policy should be guided by science. Not by emotions or politics. And especially not by people with a political or financial axe to grind.

The relevant science here is public health. It is understandable that people are upset at having to stay at home. But we should be listening to the public health experts. And definitely we should ignore those people who think they know more than the experts do. There are, sadly, in every area, people shouting at the top of their lungs that the experts don't know anything. Whether we're talking about climate change or vaccination or the teaching of evolution in schools, we will hear shouts all over social media of "The experts are stupid!"

We need to ignore those voices. And we should not lift restrictions until the people whose lives have been devoted to the study of public health say that it's time to do so.

You are deluded if you think you know more than the people who have devoted their lives to studying public health.

I don't have the answer for your economic issue. Money can be earned again. Dead people can't earn money.

My concern is public health.