Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Plates and Registration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also just got my plates in the mail yesterday, for my Model 3. Purchased & took delivery of my car on 3/31, and the DMV registration shows the registration paperwork was printed out on 4/20. Plates were received in the mail on 5/13.

Good thing too because SCE sent me a reminder email to hurry up and submit a copy of my official DMV registration in order to get my $1000 rebate, or they would cancel my application at the end of this month. Didn't need it through for the CVRP rebate.

I didn't apply for the HOV decals yet (will wait to 2021 since I'm not driving much these days, and will be working from home a lot this year), but in the past when I've always applied for them - 6 total sets over the past 5 years, usually once the DMV cashes your check then the process is fast and the stickers show up in the mail about a week later. It's usually the waiting, from the time you mail in your app until you see your check has been cashed, that is a long time.
I’m also waiting to order my HOV stickers until next year. I will not put on the CalTrans orange sticker. Hopefully next years will be more reasonable.

Reactions: DennyL
That's absolutely correct.It will take something like 3-4 weeks to get them (the entire process is done via regular mail),

I wonder if you time it right and apply middle of December you'll get them early January. Bit of a risk in case they suddenly process the request very fast...

I don't think you can use DMV and "fast" in the same thought or sentence :D

• Funny
Reactions: frankvb