Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Rebate - 2020 Model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MY 2020 cars are already out there from other manufacturers. California has to update their eligibility list, and soon. Especially in light of the new Dec. 3 deadline.

It would save california a bunch of money to NOT update it until after the new rules take effect. I hope everyone gets the money they wanted, but expecting california to "hurry up" so they can pay out a bunch of extra money for rule changes... well..

This state is pretty pro consumer most of the time, but not sure ANY government "hurries up" to pay out a bunch of money to regular people, when "slowing down" will save them money.

This is still what I'm not getting an answer on. It doesn't even matter if my car comes in prior to Dec. 3 if it's a 2020 model, I won't be able to submit any application until they add the 2020 models.

I see Model Year 2020 in the current list of eligible vehicles for the Model 3. Is there another list I'm not seeing ?

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 8.20.02 PM.png

I'm officially out as the Performance 3 I got last year was the 4th EV that I got a CVRP rebate on.

I see Model Year 2020 in the current list of eligible vehicles for the Model 3. Is there another list I'm not seeing ?

View attachment 474777
I'm officially out as the Performance 3 I got last year was the 4th EV that I got a CVRP rebate on.

At the time of writing, they had no 2020 models on either the Tesla or the Ford Fusion, looks like both of them popped up sometime between the original post and you checking. Great news! Father qualifies for his money, let’s hope I get my car in time for Dec. 3rd, better yet, in time before the year end..

I wouldn’t hold your breath about ANY tax breaks. Someone posted this morning seeing a car carrier full of right hand drive Tesla’s going North on 101 today.

Unless these were older built cars just sitting around (IMO, highly unlikely), then we’ll be lucky to get Sept-Oct ordered USA cars at all in December.

If this is true, then the delivery centers might be very, very busy in December.....

My guess is YES. Very busy. Crazy busy. Overcrowded with 15 minute delivery appointments busy! (I believe they try to do that).

Everything that turned most people from shopping at stores in X-mas to shopping online at X-mas! Well, if you have a car coming this year, I don't think you can avoid it.

The real problem is that overwhelmed delivery means that it will be hard for people to turn down a car with flaws/problems in it. There may be inventory - but Tesla will be so overloaded - it's probably "take it or go"!

Reactions: OverEZPZ
Everything that turned most people from shopping at stores in X-mas to shopping online at X-mas! Well, if you have a car coming this year, I don't think you can avoid it.

The real problem is that overwhelmed delivery means that it will be hard for people to turn down a car with flaws/problems in it. There may be inventory - but Tesla will be so overloaded - it's probably "take it or go"!

This was exactly my situation last year when I took delivery on 12/5/18. Delivery Advisor was trying to rush us out, because they had a lot of deliveries scheduled for the day. Couldn't do an adequate inspection of the car, since the delivery was outside in the pouring rain. Thought about rejecting the car because of the misaligned Frunk, but Delivery Advisor said there was no way I would get a replacement before 12/31/18. Told me if I don't buy it, someone else will. This all added up to a terrible delivery experience......

This was exactly my situation last year when I took delivery on 12/5/18. Delivery Advisor was trying to rush us out, because they had a lot of deliveries scheduled for the day. Couldn't do an adequate inspection of the car, since the delivery was outside in the pouring rain. Thought about rejecting the car because of the misaligned Frunk, but Delivery Advisor said there was no way I would get a replacement before 12/31/18. Told me if I don't buy it, someone else will. This all added up to a terrible delivery experience......

Definitely...... 2+2=4! If I don't end up with a car this q4, I will probably buy something (ICE) in the interim and wait for the competition to hit the showrooms. The Porsche Taycan will be in showrooms in December and deliver next summer. It's about the same price as a model S - unless you get the "Turbo" version. Not sure what a Turbo EV is ......

And you wont have to check the paint for defects - that's for sure!

I would take delivery unless something is seriously wrong, then just have Tesla fix a minor alignment issue or other minor aesthetics after the new year... it's a car, not a museum piece. When making 7000 cars a week they'll have a few things to optimize on some of the builds. I don't really expect the same quality of materials or workmanship on my Model 3 as I got on my BMW5 series I custom ordered from Germany... But give Telsa another decade or two and they will have materials and build quality as good as anyone. For now, they need to deliver cars and stay in business to get there. I feel I'm part of the transition and the solution and investing in a Car company with a vision that took HUGE risks and making a difference in the world.

Reactions: ZappCatt