Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Rebate - 2020 Model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Porsche Taycan will be in showrooms in December and deliver next summer. It's about the same price as a model S - unless you get the "Turbo" version. Not sure what a Turbo EV is ......

We are on the wait list for the Taycan, as it will be my wife's replacement for our 2016 Volt. We previously had a 1985.5 Porsche 944, which a lot of people told me was not a real Porsche. Did drive a 1973 Porsche 911T for a bit and that was a wild experience the first time I drove it - trailing throttle oversteer...

I no longer qualify for any CVRP rebates, but looks like the Taycan will be excluded anyway....

We are on the wait list for the Taycan, as it will be my wife's replacement for our 2016 Volt. We previously had a 1985.5 Porsche 944, which a lot of people told me was not a real Porsche. Did drive a 1973 Porsche 911T for a bit and that was a wild experience the first time I drove it - trailing throttle oversteer...

I no longer qualify for any CVRP rebates, but looks like the Taycan will be excluded anyway....

A Taycan replacing a Volt? Wow ... a big step up!

My wife had a 1987 944 when I met her. She got rid of that car for a Mercedes SL (forgot the number). I have had two 993 (911's) and a 997 - a total of about 20 years. They are well made, but serious ticket magnets. If I ever wanted to get somewhere fast, I'd have to take the family car.

I am not sure yet about the Taycan simply because I have a lot on my plate right now, and time is more important that what I get to drive. Life is strange that way.

My wife had a 1987 944 when I met her. She got rid of that car for a Mercedes SL (forgot the number). I have had two 993 (911's) and a 997 - a total of about 20 years. They are well made, but serious ticket magnets. If I ever wanted to get somewhere fast, I'd have to take the family car.

I am not sure yet about the Taycan simply because I have a lot on my plate right now, and time is more important that what I get to drive. Life is strange that way.

Cool - another previous 944 owner. Not too many of us around anymore !! Wow - two 993s !! Very nice. Weren't the 993s the last of the air cooled 911s ?

Totally understand about the Taycan. Porsche told us about a 3 year wait, based on where we are on the list. By that time, she won't even want it anymore....

Cool - another previous 944 owner. Not too many of us around anymore !! Wow - two 993s !! Very nice. Weren't the 993s the last of the air cooled 911s ?

Totally understand about the Taycan. Porsche told us about a 3 year wait, based on where we are on the list. By that time, she won't even want it anymore....
Yes, the last of the air cooled 911’s. You kept cans of oil behind the passenger seat.

Has anyone asked Tesla about the 500 dollar loss in rebates from orders fulfilled after Dec 03? Considering they still list it as an incentive on their site, and those of us who ordered before and in the beginning of October assumed we would get our cars in “2 weeks”, wouldn’t it be right for Tesla to prioritize those who ordered before November 01 when the change was announced? Or if they could make up for it with 500 dollars off since they are the ones that are delivering last to California.

Has anyone asked Tesla about the 500 dollar loss in rebates from orders fulfilled after Dec 03? Considering they still list it as an incentive on their site, and those of us who ordered before and in the beginning of October assumed we would get our cars in “2 weeks”, wouldn’t it be right for Tesla to prioritize those who ordered before November 01 when the change was announced? Or if they could make up for it with 500 dollars off since they are the ones that are delivering last to California.

Agreed. Except for us S/X buyers it is a $2500 difference. I suspect it would be a lot easier for them to pound those out to insure delivery before 12/3. And yes, they should no longer include the $2500 in the calculation of savings for new orders.

I'm gonna go ask my sales advisor about this and suggest everyone do the same. If they are advertising that 500 as part of the 2500 rebate incentive and knew cars in California wouldn't be delivered by that time, they should now make up for it somehow or get those orders out before Dec. 03.

Clean Fuel Reward Program | SCE Clean Fuel Reward Program

616AC8CC-F43C-43A7-A7F5-898709002A58.jpeg

SCE has the order form on their website. Simple to fill out, with your customer #. Will send you $1,000 in the mail.

My electric bill with them runs about $1,500 year. With this refund my net $500 bill makes going Solar less beneficial.

I dont see how, unless this money affects your true up and your system overproduces. Up here, with PGE, there is no relation, its straight cash in the pocket. This $ is really intended for you to use for adding a in-home charging unit, etc.

Reactions: ZappCatt