Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of Model S today and applied for the California rebate. The application limits the rebate to $2000 by default (which is the new limit for cars "purchased/delivered" after December 2nd). However, the California Air Resources Board they would honor a grace period so that would mean cars ordered before December 2nd should still get the full $2500 rebate. I crossed out the $2000 and wrote in $2500... hopefully, they will honor their promise!
What did you put for the purchase date?

I just took delivery of Model S today and applied for the California rebate. The application limits the rebate to $2000 by default (which is the new limit for cars "purchased/delivered" after December 2nd). However, the California Air Resources Board they would honor a grace period so that would mean cars ordered before December 2nd should still get the full $2500 rebate. I crossed out the $2000 and wrote in $2500... hopefully, they will honor their promise!
I just spoke to them and they did indeed say our teslas qualify for the rebate as long as it was ordered between the grace period dates. Whoever emailed me before gave me the wrong info o_O.. I just submitted my application as well and noticed it defaulted to $2000 for the rebate amount. I will do the same and cross out and put $2500. Hopefully it goes through smoothly!