Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Registration Fees Increased

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to make everybody aware that's taking delivery soon...

I already had a cashier's check drawn for pickup on Sunday. But now I see on the app that the "Registration Amount" increased by $12.

I called my local SC and they said that it's happening with everybody (in California).

I didn't want to use Plaid to pay on the app, which is why I got the cashier's check.

The SC doesn't take cash or a personal check. Now I have to go to the bank to get a second cashier's check for $12. :(

That's what I get for getting ahead of the game and not waiting until the last minute to get the check. Haha.

is the registration fee $750 per year?

Not so simple.

Registration fees are based on:
  • Your vehicle type (auto, motorcycle, etc.).
  • Your vehicle’s purchase price or declared value.
  • Dates (for example, the date you purchased your vehicle, or the date your vehicle entered California).
  • The city and/or county you live in.
  • The city and/or county your business is based in.
  • The unladen or declared gross vehicle weight (GVW) and the number of axles your vehicle may have.
  • Any special license plates your vehicle may have.
  • Whether you have any unpaid parking violations or toll evasion bail.

Last edited:
Not so simple.

Registration fees are based on:
  • Your vehicle type (auto, motorcycle, etc.).
  • Your vehicle’s purchase price or declared value.
  • Dates (for example, the date you purchased your vehicle, or the date your vehicle entered California).
  • The city and/or county you live in.
  • The city and/or county your business is based in.
  • The unladen or declared gross vehicle weight (GVW) and the number of axles your vehicle may have.
  • Any special license plates your vehicle may have.
  • Whether you have any unpaid parking violations or toll evasion bail.
I would imagine the majority use case will be straightforward. It should be easy to get to an approximate number for a given state.

Last edited: