TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

California / SF Bay Area: Detailer recommendations

Discussion in 'California' started by metafor, Sep 18, 2013.

Tags:
  1. metafor

metafor Member

So I've tried washing the car myself and despite my best efforts, I get the feeling I just cannot clean the paint as well as a professional detailer.

Can anyone in the SF Bay Area recommend a detailer that will do a good deep clean with a clay bar? Perhaps apply a coat of finish after along with glass treatment with rain-ex.

Thanks.

2. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

I will be taking my Model S to Orinda Auto Detail next week for paint correction and Opti-coat. Joe has done over 80 Tesla's, so he knows the car. I will let you know how it comes out, he is getting good reviews.

3. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Mod Note: I've updated the title from "Detailer Recommendations" to reflect the region. Please remember that thread titles show up in the general feed and it's helpful to other members to put a little more information in the title.

Thanks guys!

4. JPP

JPP Active Member

Joe at Orinda Auto Detail did my multi-coat red. Full detail/paint perfection and OptiCoat Pro. Dismounted the rims to do all the sides. OptiCoat on the glass and plastic too. Can't recommend him highly enough. Don't just do a wash/clay/polish/wax--the TM paint is really soft and needs real protection. Please search these forums and also use volkerize.com to search the TM site for lots of info.