Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California "Tesla" License plates set

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
California "Tesla" License plates set

Registered in CA from 2003 (founding year of TSLA) to 2008 (year the roadster was first sold). Official/CA DMV. Only set of its kind.

List Date: 2/19/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: California "Tesla" License plates set
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $8,000.00

buynowbutton.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

ac4ea398-935f-4353-be3c-5099ae25b97b2.png

Why would someone pay to put the name of their car just under where the manufacturer has placed the name of their car? If you saw someone driving down the road with a license plate that said "Kia," you'd laugh at them. It's not like people don't know what kind of car you're driving...and if they did, they could look at the letters that spell TESLA just above the license plate.

Actually, it's hard to see the "TESLA" on the back of the car. I was getting people tailgating trying to figure out what kind of car it was. It helped when I got the license plate frame that says TESLA, but it really helped when I installed my "N TESLA" (after Nikola) plates. People no longer tailgate me. Well, except when I drive the Roadster...

If it is for two pieces of metal.

It is common in Europe to pay this price for "real" vanity plates. You buy the vehicle with the plates on, and transfer them.
If you saw that on a UK car, you would know that

1) they paid more for the plate than the car (like JAG 1)
2) doubt that it would even be available, T35 L4, might be
3) there are coincidences ... my car in the UK has 2 random letter / number combo then space then my initials; and those are relatively inexpensive. £200?

But calling a "class" of people moron is hardly necessary, is it?

But calling a "class" of people moron is hardly necessary, is it?

its just his/her opinion. There are certainly thousands if not millions of people who would call this whole group of enthusiasts the same thing. We see a car full of happy people on a test drive as people wit the Tesla Grin. They see it as a ship of fools.