Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is where fellow Californians can come to feel sorry for ourselves. If you're tired of hearing about the joy felt by those in the other 49 states as they receive their new cars, this is the place for you. If you've been waiting for weeks and have lost all hope, this is were you belong. If you want to be miserable and be with others that want to be miserable. Come on in, you're among fellow sad saps.

If you have a vin, but no car yet, you can hang out, but you don't really fit in. If you just got your car and it's beautiful and you're happy, go away. We don't want to hear about it.

Tell us your sad story.

This is where fellow Californians can come to feel sorry for ourselves. If you're tired of hearing about the joy felt by those in the other 49 states as they receive their new cars, this is the place for you. If you've been waiting for weeks and have lost all hope, this is were you belong. If you want to be miserable and be with others that want to be miserable. Come on in, you're among fellow sad saps.

If you have a vin, but no car yet, you can hang out, but you don't really fit in. If you just got your car and it's beautiful and you're happy, go away. We don't want to hear about it.

Tell us your sad story.

Okay I will tell your my sad story. Ordered MX on 10/22 Received VIN on 11/26. 12/2 received email saying my car configuration had been changed - they added 22" wheels to my build - a $5500 option. Delivered car to Rocklin delivery center, but would not sell it to me unless I accepted new price - for their mistake. No. So they are building me a new car. If I do not get soon will be problematic because I am using for business and I need business miles to claim the bonus depreciation.

the greatest lie ever told

upload_2019-12-12_23-44-40.png

10/25 order date -- no information from Tesla. Page says "5-9 weeks" for delivery. SA told me in the store that it would be only 2 weeks when he took my order. A few weeks back I was told, "You'll have it the first or second week of December." Basically, they just tell you whatever they want to tell you. I don't think I'll have by "9 weeks." What are our options? It isn't like there's any competition -- if there was, I certainly would not have put up with this.

Hi, my name is Wariq.. and i'm addicted to refreshing my source page in hopes of reaching the motherland. My work performance has diminished, im less productive, my sex life is crap because i keep telling my wife all the great things Elon Tusk is doing for our planet, i'm eating less (stress) and drinking too much. I even shocked myself while i was installing my Tesla Wall Charger because i was drunk, filled with despair.
I don't wish this pain on anyone, not even my worse enemy.
Sincerely,
A CA P3D Order guy.

Good morning, my name is Jae and I'm a VINaholic. When I first placed my order on Oct 25th at around 8-9pm, it felt surreal. It wasn't until Monday, Oct 28, where reality hit me "Holy crap, I just ordered a Tesla".

I signed up for this forum and was introduced to this hot new thing called VIN in source. It wasn't until a few tries, that I found myself hooked. Seeing other people happily exclaim "I've got a VIN in source!!!" every single day, got my hopes up. I wanted some action as well, so I would check. No dice. Day after day, rolling nothing but snake eyes.

I go to the gym every morning, park my car and quickly get out before anybody sees me in my current crappy car. When attractive women walk by, I feel ashamed and want to tell them "THIS ISN'T MY CAR, I ACTUALLY HAVE A TESLA!!!......." but I don't, of course. I just get out and walk away with my head held low. Hopefully this will all end soon.

Hi, my name is Wariq.. and i'm addicted to refreshing my source page in hopes of reaching the motherland. My work performance has diminished, im less productive, my sex life is crap because i keep telling my wife all the great things Elon Tusk is doing for our planet, i'm eating less (stress) and drinking too much. I even shocked myself while i was installing my Tesla Wall Charger because i was drunk, filled with despair.
I don't wish this pain on anyone, not even my worse enemy.
Sincerely,
A CA P3D Order guy.
LMAO

Good morning, my name is Jae and I'm a VINaholic. When I first placed my order on Oct 25th at around 8-9pm, it felt surreal. It wasn't until Monday where reality hit me "Holy crap, I just ordered a Tesla".

I signed up for this forum and was introduced to this hot new thing called VIN in source. It wasn't until a few tries, that I found myself hooked. Seeing other people happily exclaim "I've got a VIN in source!!!" every single day, got my hopes up. I wanted some action as well, so I would check. No dice. Day after day, rolling nothing but snake eyes.

I go to the gym every morning, park my car and quickly get out before anybody sees me in my current crappy car. When attractive women walk by, I feel ashamed and want to tell them "THIS ISN'T MY CAR, I ACTUALLY HAVE A TESLA!!!......." but I don't, of course. I just get out and walk away with my head held low. Hopefully this will all end soon.

LMAOOOOO, laughed hard

• Funny
Reactions: skydreamerjae
Have faith they are coming

LR AWD ordered 10/12 WHT/BLK 18" FSD. 12/12 just got the VIN in the source. Delivery should be by Palm Desert delivery center
UPDATE: Picking it up Monday 12/16 at 9 am in Palm Desert. There has to have been more than one car on that truck so other folks in Inland Empire should receive a happy news text

Have faith they are coming

LR AWD ordered 10/12 WHT/BLK 18" FSD. 12/12 just got the VIN in the source. Delivery should be by Palm Desert delivery center
UPDATE: Picking it up Monday 12/16 at 9 am in Palm Desert. There has to have been more than one car on that truck so other folks in Inland Empire should receive a happy news text
Checked for a VIN shortly after this post. Nothing. Still chasing the high.

10/22. Is checking the vin 5-6 times a day is 'normal'? I have the Tesla VIN finder app for chrome, but don't trust it. I have to see the ":null" for myself every time. I get a slight rush of hope from seeing other people get deliveries in CA, which is immediately followed by bitterness and desperation. I need help. or just a VIN. please

10/22. Is checking the vin 5-6 times a day is 'normal'? I have the Tesla VIN finder app for chrome, but don't trust it. I have to see the ":null" for myself every time. I get a slight rush of hope from seeing other people get deliveries in CA, which is immediately followed by bitterness and desperation. I need help. or just a VIN. please
5-6 times a day is normal. I've been keeping track so when I get my car and for some reason I get pissed, I can see what it was like prior to having it. Yesterday I counted checking my source 33 times. No big deal, it's a CA thing.

Welp, looks like another week is about to go by without any action for us. How are they going to handle the rest of Oct, Nov, and early Dec orders? This is going to be interesting. I'm still seeing people in early Oct barely getting VINs. LOL This was a cruel and unusual punishment, but now it's starting to become funny: "Oh, gotta wait another week?! HAHA FINE FVCK IT, ANOTHER WEEK LET'S GO HAHAHAHAHAAHAH!"

All I know is I have Dec 27th marked, on my calender, with "Tesla Delivery". Cuz that'll be 9 weeks; and when I placed my order, it gave me a delivery estimate of 5-9 weeks

Last edited: