Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So another first...
Someone from Tesla called me to get ready for my VIN assignment for delivery soon... "SOON"
I asked him, when is SOON?? He could not given me an answer.

Then, he was upselling me on Tesla Energy products and wall charger... I told him that this is the first communication on my car in months, and you want to upsell me? Get me my car and i will think (no) about it.

my patience is wearing a little thin. hahahah
How many more open cut wounds are they going to squirt lime juice on?! ...They know what they're doin'! Calling us about THAT at a time like THIS...

Reactions: Duckster
To my fellow programmers:

null is going to leave a bad taste in my mouth forever. I'm never going to code the same again without getting PTSD when a null pops up in my code :/

IDE: Sorry, object reference not set to an instance of an object
Me: :( ... stop bullying me

switch to lisp and you can use nil, might make you feel better. only problem is... you'll be using lisp ))))))))

Just did this thing

Wish i had something to plug it into!

Attachments

• IMG_20191213_153402401_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20191213_153402401_HDR.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20191213_153846848_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20191213_153846848_HDR.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 40
In my lust for a VIN, I was refreshing my page shortly after midnight, and a new and never before seen window appeared as soon as the site loaded.

My heart rate instantly skyrocketed and butterflies filled my stomach. The window said, "Please select your region" to which I immediately complied. The image of a beautiful Deep Blue Model 3 SR+ filled the center of the page and I instantly felt right at home. It's soft and flowing lines gently reflected the surrounding white background. The anticipation was building as I expected to see the 17 digit string of my desires digitally thrust upon my eyes. Every notch on the scroll wheel felt like an eternity as my eyes darted through the text to meet the first glances of my beloved identification number. Much to my horror, what my eyes found was not what they had been longing for. Instead the cold words, "No Vin Found" was all they had acquired.

The tension that had been rising for so long was cut down to instant despair. The high of the moment was immediately changed into a confusing mix of anger, sadness, and betrayal.

So here I sit; typing to share this experience with the only group who can truly relate to this addiction.

In my lust for a VIN, I was refreshing my page shortly after midnight, and a new and never before seen window appeared as soon as the site loaded.

My heart rate instantly skyrocketed and butterflies filled my stomach. The window said, "Please select your region" to which I immediately complied. The image of a beautiful Deep Blue Model 3 SR+ filled the center of the page and I instantly felt right at home. It's soft and flowing lines gently reflected the surrounding white background. The anticipation was building as I expected to see the 17 digit string of my desires digitally thrust upon my eyes. Every notch on the scroll wheel felt like an eternity as my eyes darted through the text to meet the first glances of my beloved identification number. Much to my horror, what my eyes found was not what they had been longing for. Instead the cold words, "No Vin Found" was all they had acquired.

The tension that had been rising for so long was cut down to instant despair. The high of the moment was immediately changed into a confusing mix of anger, sadness, and betrayal.

So here I sit; typing to share this experience with the only group who can truly relate to this addiction.
As a grown up, I’ve lost the ability to patiently and sanely wait for something I want so badly and be ignored.

Hello arroyo, thank you for sharing your story. We’re here for you, together we will get over this terrible mental disorder.. with love and compassion and a little bit of hope, we will get through this.. welcome to the first step in getting better.

GAAAAAHHHH! I can't stand this refreshing the source.. i wake up at 3am and question should i check... and I do check! I hope the suffering and reduction of my savings $ is all worth it. I'm beginning to have regret thoughts...

Order date 10/21

• Two weeks left in the year
  • Currently filling California orders from mid October
  • Barely any movement on California SR/SR+ orders in the last week according to the tracking spreadsheet
  • Tesla still expecting all California vehicles ordered today to be delivered by EOY
Does anyone believe it?

Reactions: skydreamerjae
Perhaps try reverse psychology with Tesla. I was weary and afraid of getting assigned a VIN yesterday because it was Friday the 13th, and lo and behold... I got it. Now I've harbored all sorts of fears :/.... once I get my car what if what if what if what if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what ifwhat if what if what if

• Two weeks left in the year
  • Currently filling California orders from mid October
  • Barely any movement on California SR/SR+ orders in the last week according to the tracking spreadsheet
  • Tesla still expecting all California vehicles ordered today to be delivered by EOY
Does anyone believe it?
I just want to point out... that your presentation ... is on POINT! ..... Ha..hahaha... ha ha ah.... i'll shut up now.

Last edited: