Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with the Buena Park Delivery Center. They said if you don't get a Vin M,T,or W this week that you will get your car next week. He said they are getting hundreds of cars a day and guarantee we will take delivery before the end of the year.

Hundreds of cars a day?! I hope Buena Park is an enormous Tesla facility to deliver cars at. Thats like trying to deliver a traffic jam full of cars!

Congrats and good luck on your path to recovery,.
Thanks haha. I will have fun on the drive back but its going right to my buddies shop for MPP sports coils, ceramic coating, tint and chrome delete so I am gonna be stuck driving my Fiat 500E for another week or so! Plenty of time to watch YouTube videos, etc.

great news for you! Hope it's a smooth process in getting your car..

I think when they call me, i'm going to ignore them, just like they ignored me the last 8 weeks... Fight fire with fire. HAHAHA!
I hope so as well, gonna stay positive until I gotta turn negative! They told me they are giving 3 day windows for pick up but I had until Saturday due to my location (~3 hrs away). If no delivery by Saturday, no longer my car. CRAZY company man.

Somebody in SF who ordered in mid October was just told they won't get their car this year (see post in SR/SR+ waiting room).

So the website showing until yesterday that new CA orders would be delivered this year was complete BS.

If you're in CA and you don't yet have a VIN, there's a decent chance you're not getting your car this year, regardless of when you ordered.

Website shows 5-8 weeks for CA orders as of this morning.

No Christmas miracle!

Somebody in SF who ordered in mid October was just told they won't get their car this year (see post in SR/SR+ waiting room).

So the website showing until yesterday that new CA orders would be delivered this year was complete BS.

If you're in CA and you don't yet have a VIN, there's a decent chance you're not getting your car this year, regardless of when you ordered.

No Christmas miracle!

I hope that means a blowout quarter and year for the company. I remember when the stock was in the 30s.

No Christmas miracle!
I don't believe the poster said this. The poster said they were told they would not receive a car until after Christmas.

For one thing, this is most likely speculation on the part of the Tesla employees. What's more, they could be estimating conservatively. They definitely could deliver a few thousand cars for the Bay Area in a matter of 4 or 5 days assuming the delivery centers are operating overtime.

I'm slightly skeptical, but hopeful.

Reactions: ZappCatt
I don't believe the poster said this. The poster said they were told they would not receive a car until after Christmas.

For one thing, this is most likely speculation on the part of the Tesla employees. What's more, they could be estimating conservatively. They definitely could deliver a few thousand cars for the Bay Area in a matter of 4 or 5 days assuming the delivery centers are operating overtime.

I'm slightly skeptical, but hopeful.

Yes, you're right sorry.

Still, if they're still delivering October orders after Christmas, that doesn't leave many days to catch up with two more months of orders.

Yes, you're right sorry.

Still, if they're still delivering October orders after Christmas, that doesn't leave many days to catch up with two more months of orders.
I agree. To give you an idea, at the Costa Mesa delivery center, there has been little to no movement on November orders based on what can be observed with posters here, but October orders have been getting delivered at least for a week and a half now.

I have an October order. Got in touch with a customer service rep after web chat and she told me after Christmas too. But she also said that could change to after the new years too. I dont know what to think at this point. Picking up in Buena Park. LR AWD

I agree. To give you an idea, at the Costa Mesa delivery center, there has been little to no movement on November orders based on what can be observed with posters here, but October orders have been getting delivered at least for a week and a half now.

There are a few October order stragglers like me. At the rate I'm going, Nov and Dec orders will pass me up like a race between a P3D and a Prius. zooooooom

Reactions: biotsf
Hundreds of cars a day?! I hope Buena Park is an enormous Tesla facility to deliver cars at. Thats like trying to deliver a traffic jam full of cars!

Those of you that haven’t been following deliveries over the quarters, and especially at EOQ, probably have no idea of what the delivery teams (and support account etc teams) manage to do in a few weeks. If you did you guys would be less concerned. Sitting in the Delivery Center during EOQ and watching all the owners come in and leave with their cars at this volume a day is pretty amazing. They have been doing this dance for many quarters now and refining it.

When I picked up my car at Fremont DC last year there can’t tell you how many parking lots down the street from them were full of new cars and patrolled by guards. I kept thinking the delivery center had to be at one of the locations, but it was even further past other lots filled with cars waiting to be taken home. I’ve heard similar things from southern California. Don’t think 100+ a day is out of the norm.

I recall someone on the east coast relay during one EOQ delivery day that he had to park his car down the street and walk to the DC as the lot was full. He was passing by another dealership with sales guys out front saying oh, looks like Tesla can’t sell their cars (lot was full). The soon to be new Tesla owner told them “oh those cars are already sold and waiting to be picked up and I’m going to get mine now”. He said at that point three Tesla loaded car carriers were pulling up on the street ready to unload. Said the guys were floored.

Be nice to your delivery staff. They’re working really hard to get your car to you.

Last edited:
5-6 times a day is normal. I've been keeping track so when I get my car and for some reason I get pissed, I can see what it was like prior to having it. Yesterday I counted checking my source 33 times. No big deal, it's a CA thing.
Im so glad im not the only oneo_O LMAO i woke up actually thinking i had my VIN in source and was so heartbroken when i logged on to double check..... lol i need help

Reactions: Schwartzkopf
Those of you that haven’t been following deliveries over the quarters, and especially at EOQ, probably have no idea of what the delivery teams (and support account etc teams) manage to do in a few weeks. If you did you guys would be less concerned. Sitting in the Delivery Center during EOQ and watching all the owners come in and leave with their cars at this volume a day is pretty amazing. They have been doing this dance for many quarters now and refining it.

When I picked up my car at Fremont DC last year there can’t tell you how many parking lots down the street from them were full of new cars and patrolled by guards. I kept thinking the delivery center had to be at one of the locations, but it was even further past other lots filled with cars waiting to be taken home. I’ve heard similar things from southern California. Don’t think 100+ a day is out of the norm.

I recall someone on the east coast relay during one EOQ delivery day that he had to park his car down the street and walk to the DC as the lot was full. He was passing by another dealership with sales guys out front saying oh, looks like Tesla can’t sell their cars (lot was full). The soon to be new Tesla owner told them “oh those cars are already sold and waiting to be picked up and I’m going to get mine now”. He said at that point three Tesla loaded car carriers were pulling up on the street ready to unload. Said the guys were floored.

Be nice to your delivery staff. They’re working really hard to get your car to you.

It’s really a question of how well their logistics personnel have this figured out. To me it seems nuts, but I never have worked in logistics. I hope everyone gets their car.

It will probably be easier in So Cal, as your weather is better than up here. The weather sux up here - well - not today, but it usually does this time of year.

The big factor will be how many hundreds of cars have to be delivered each day per center. To use the empty parking lots, they have to empty the lots from the day before. Trades have to be put somewhere too. I’m sure Tesla can pull it off, but it will not likely be a “calm” situation. Good luck to all.

Ordered 10/18 in Bay Area and my SA emailed that delivery will be after Christmas. He finished the email with, "Being where we are in the bay area, we usually get cars later because we don’t have “travel time”."

I have waited this long and can wait some more, but I will lose faith in Tesla if somehow they miss delivering in 2019.

Reactions: house9 and biotsf