Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously though. I feel for anyone who ordered before me. I almost didn't post but I think the time and location info is the most demonstrative of the current delivery situation for CA.
I kid, yeah, I think your data point speaks to the absolute crapshoot that the situation currently embodies. Delivery appears to be almost completely up in the air.

@skydreamerjae CONGRATS!!!!

05637251-3D76-4F9C-9BF5-3D4C03A47870.gif

Ordered LR AWD mid-October
VIN showed in source: 12/14
Received email to schedule delivery: 12/15
Delivery date: 12/17 at Marina Del Rey

I picked up today at Marina Del Rey. It was very relaxing experience and very few people at the location. I arrived 15 minutes prior to my appointment and there was no waiting at all. After signing the paperwork, they let me have as long as I wanted with the car before I left. The rep said that if there were issues we would note them and the transfer would not be complete until I drove the car off the lot. No build issues at all. A rep linked my phone to the car and walked me through some of the features. After inspecting the car, I went back in for a brief info session re driving and charging the car.

Add another to the email recipients(CheapieSR+ 11/15)

That is annoying though..I wonder what would happen if you ONLY say you are available for the first day or 2 of appointments, will they punt you and say, sorry your car was not ready then, we could have gotten it to you anytime after the day you said you could accept it?

I did not have the..... to call their bluff...so I will probably be the 12:00 Midnight appointment on 12/31.

SO..it has been at last 5 minutes...what was your decision? Go Ham on Tesla and demand white door panels? Live with it? Hope for a Q1(no deliveries) appointment to sit down and have a nice friendly talk?
I'm going to give them a call after work or maybe tomorrow(don't want to send my baby to service center yet, i still want to drive it at least till the end of today haha). I really want the white doors, that's also what i paid for. i'm not taking "no" or "that's how we're building it now" for an answer! NOoOoOOOOo, NOT THIS GUY!

Add another to the email recipients(CheapieSR+ 11/15)

That is annoying though..I wonder what would happen if you ONLY say you are available for the first day or 2 of appointments, will they punt you and say, sorry your car was not ready then, we could have gotten it to you anytime after the day you said you could accept it?

I did not have the..... to call their bluff...so I will probably be the 12:00 Midnight appointment on 12/31.

I checked all of them. I need to p/u the car this Friday 12/20 for business reasons. My delivery advisor is on top of it and says he is in contact with plant to ship out as soon as done. Was in paint last night so hopefully released by tomorrow.

Reactions: ZappCatt