Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 10/20 (LR AWD, White/Black, Aero wheels) for pick up in Marina del Rey. Got the "Days-not-available-for-delivery" email this morning. Got the request to make payment this evening. No VIN. (With all the false VIN experiences folks are posting not sure that even matters.)
How did you get your email before me? Is it the rims?

Order date: 10/18
LR AWD blk/blk 19" no FSD
no vin. no emails. nothing

Just got off the phone with someone from Tesla in fremont. He looked up my account, and he said I will get delivery in the last 3 days of the year. But we definitely will get delivery before 12/31.

ordered: 11/24
Switched to an inventory vehicle and modified order back to original mess up (last week)
SR+ white/black 18, FSD

Reactions: house9 and ZappCatt
Just got off the phone with someone from Tesla in fremont. He looked up my account, and he said I will get delivery in the last 3 days of the year. But we definitely will get delivery before 12/31.

Switched to an inventory vehicle and modified order back to original mess up (last week)
SR+ white/black 18, FSD

Did you get the sense from them that all Bay Area orders (including October orders) will deliver in the last 3 days?

SR+ white/black 18, FSD

Damn what's the point of that email about availabilities yesterday if it's gonna be in the last 3 days....

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that. They just looked up my account and told me I should expect it in the last 3 days.

I got in touch with another Tesla employee with a Palo Alto phone number and she too told me, 'oh you're based in San Jose, don't worry Fremont will take care of you guys before 12/31'.

Just to set the context, I was enquiring about picking up a vehicle out of state and driving back to San Jose. Got to know that you gotta pay sales tax in both states, which is a no-no for me.

That's a really annoying answer to get. I'm in San Jose and ordered 10/26, for them to give me no date and to expect me to be on call for them during holiday season is infuriating. I'm basically telling my family we can't plan anything because I have no idea when I need to be home for this damn thing to finally happen.

That's a really annoying answer to get. I'm in San Jose and ordered 10/26, for them to give me no date and to expect me to be on call for them during holiday season is infuriating. I'm basically telling my family we can't plan anything because I have no idea when I need to be home for this damn thing to finally happen.

I have a 10/28 order and I went over to the palo alto center during lunch time. They looked up a few things and I got my VIN an hour later. Might be worth just dropping by and saying hi!

Reactions: house9 and ZappCatt
Good morning, my name is Jae and I'm a VINaholic. When I first placed my order on Oct 25th at around 8-9pm, it felt surreal. It wasn't until Monday, Oct 28, where reality hit me "Holy crap, I just ordered a Tesla".

I signed up for this forum and was introduced to this hot new thing called VIN in source. It wasn't until a few tries, that I found myself hooked. Seeing other people happily exclaim "I've got a VIN in source!!!" every single day, got my hopes up. I wanted some action as well, so I would check. No dice. Day after day, rolling nothing but snake eyes.

I go to the gym every morning, park my car and quickly get out before anybody sees me in my current crappy car. When attractive women walk by, I feel ashamed and want to tell them "THIS ISN'T MY CAR, I ACTUALLY HAVE A TESLA!!!......." but I don't, of course. I just get out and walk away with my head held low. Hopefully this will all end soon.
@skydreamerjae
You are the King!!!

• Love
Reactions: skydreamerjae
Just spoke with someone in sales at Buena Park about not having a VIN or any idea of a delivery timeframe -- and that I and I'm sure others want to be able to make holiday plans. Was told sorry but there's nothing that can be done, and I could get a text at any time. And if I give them ANY sort of unavailability in my schedule, that my order will almost certainly be delayed until after January 1 and that I will lose the tax credit. How is this any sort of customer service?

Just spoke with someone in sales at Buena Park about not having a VIN or any idea of a delivery timeframe -- and that I and I'm sure others want to be able to make holiday plans. Was told sorry but there's nothing that can be done, and I could get a text at any time. And if I give them ANY sort of unavailability in my schedule, that my order will almost certainly be delayed until after January 1 and that I will lose the tax credit. How is this any sort of customer service?

Oh well...... I gave them a bunch of unavailabilities so I guess no car for me...

I also set up a delivery for our M3 in Buena Park. I replied to the email with only 2 days we weren’t available. Hopefully we will be able to get delivery this year.