Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly what my wife said too. They are trying to grab up people who were late to order their cars. Trying to squeeze those last few sales in at the end of the year. It's freaking stupid but I am not surprised.

Tesla has excess inventory cars, demos and test drive cars ( and any loaners), basically everything they have, listed for sale at the end of every quarter. Been this way for a long while. Starts fresh with cars in new quarter.

And lots of people decide at the last minute to try to buy a car especially at Christmas time. Biggest season for car sales I think.

Reactions: SoCalMike
This is just terrible practice. Why the hell are they producing inventory cars instead of fulfilling orders? Greedy a-holes.

They likely have a few extra slots in the production line. Car manufactures have been doing this forever. That is why you see new cars on dealer lots. Also, these latest cars sell at the current price, which may be higher than what you paid for the same car.

Tesla has excess inventory cars, demos and test drive cars ( and any loaners), basically everything they have, listed for sale at the end of every quarter. Been this way for a long while. Starts fresh with cars in new quarter.

And lots of people decide at the last minute to try to buy a car especially at Christmas time. Biggest season for car sales I think.
It's raining LR's in CA. Saw the website this morning for existing stock. Insane!

Reactions: ZappCatt
LR AWD Grey Exterior / Black Interior
Ordered 11/7 for pick up in Fremont

- Availability email received and filled out this Tuesday
- Generic text message last night (Wednesday)
- VIN in source this morning!!!!!!

Gone Monday - Friday for Christmas, my guess is I get delivery on 12/31 anyhow, would be amazing to get it sooner

Reactions: sslack18
There are a good number of cars in my configuration now in inventory. I have no VIN or contact from Tesla yet. I wonder if I should "pull the trigger" and buy one of these LR AWDs off the lot instead of wait endlessly - but it seems the prices have gone up by $1000

LR AWD Grey Exterior / Black Interior
Ordered 11/7 for pick up in Fremont

- Availability email received and filled out this Tuesday
- Generic text message last night (Wednesday)
- VIN in source this morning!!!!!!

Gone Monday - Friday for Christmas, my guess is I get delivery on 12/31 anyhow, would be amazing to get it sooner
I would try and grab one of the many inventory LR AWD cars in inventory at Fremont right now (check Tesla web site).

Just got email from Tesla that they have ton of inventory ready for people to buy now and get before end of year.

Not sure if I’m relieved I’m gonna get my order from November, or HEATED.
Got the same email. Tesla website is especially slow today. I'm hoping that means they're doing a bunch of VIN assignments in the back ground. Wishful thinking I'm sure....

The good news is, no cars within 200 miles matching my config so they aren't ignoring me with matching cars in the area like others have mentioned