Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order on 10/27 and was told that I should expect my car before 11/21 (didnt happen), I was then told 12/21 was my target (here we are).
Blue LR AWD, black interior, no FSD. No VIN yet, still sitting at waiting for my loan paperwork to be drafted.
I’m starting to think they are making the paper by hand and then drafting the docs by hand with a quill

Ive been second guessing the SR+ order I made and seeing the inventory of LR AWD made me cave. I now have two orders one for the SR+ made on 11/17 (no vin in source no communication) and one LR AWD inventory that was supposedly at Burbank.

after filling out all my info for the LR, the VIN showed up in the source code. I was able to get in contact with someone in Fremont who told me the car is still at the factory and wont be delivered to Burbank for another couple days. So much for Inventory...

Ive been second guessing the SR+ order I made and seeing the inventory of LR AWD made me cave. I now have two orders one for the SR+ made on 11/17 (no vin in source no communication) and one LR AWD inventory that was supposedly at Burbank.

after filling out all my info for the LR, the VIN showed up in the source code. I was able to get in contact with someone in Fremont who told me the car is still at the factory and wont be delivered to Burbank for another couple days. So much for Inventory...

I did the same

Could you tell me what # did you call to talk to someone in Fremont . They keep routing my call to local office who have no clue

Thank you

I believe "Inventory cars" at this point in time typically mean cars which have been scheduled/are being built but are not a direct customers order. In order to try to get these sold, they are listing them online earlier than they do during the rest of the quarter. The DC listed is where it is expected to be delivered(if not ordered while being built).

I am not sure when they will start offering deals to people who have placed an order which will not be able to be delivered trying to get them in an "inventory car" which is built and available.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmcmill
I believe "Inventory cars" at this point in time typically mean cars which have been scheduled/are being built but are not a direct customers order. In order to try to get these sold, they are listing them online earlier than they do during the rest of the quarter. The DC listed is where it is expected to be delivered(if not ordered while being built).

This is precisely what my DS told me this morning.

• Informative
Reactions: ZappCatt
I ordered on 11/16. Yesterday I matched manually to a demo car but ended up not taking delivery (I explained what happened on an earlier post in this thread).

My SA reentered my old configuration manually and now I'm waiting for a VIN again. Do you have any idea of how priority will work for me? Is it officially a car ordered on 12/20 now at this point or how does Tesla handle those situations?

For info, the car is a SR midnight silver, black interior, aero wheels.

Edit: i don't care too much for the fed credit anymore, just hoping for early January delivery rather than end of March!

I cannot believe this.

Picking up at Costa Mesa tomorrow. My trade quote decreased from $7,944 to $6,600 one hour after I submitted a photo of my title. Wth!!! I even rented a car to keep it under 1,000 miles. I know my quote is about a week expired but they made me do it early or it would have delayed my delivery. We all got that email. Last week, sales guy told me not to worry about it either, just keep it under 1,000 miles. These asses and their tricky games.... buyer beware!

I sent an email to DA and Costa Mesa delivery. If they make this right, I'll update this post...in the meantime, I'm pissed.

Oh, and they ran my credit again yesterday....

Costa Mesa here, today was delivery day. so not only did they make me sign my trade title over with low ball offer, they can't sell me my Model 3 because of IT glitch. So now I don't have my trade in car and I don't have my Model 3. i waited in my new car for 5 hours hoping they would figure it out... no luck. They ubered me home. I'm car less... I have no words....

• Love
Reactions: skydreamerjae
Costa Mesa here, today was delivery day. so not only did they make me sign my trade title over with low ball offer, they can't sell me my Model 3 because of IT glitch. So now I don't have my trade in car and I don't have my Model 3. i waited in my new car for 5 hours hoping they would figure it out... no luck. They ubered me home. I'm car less... I have no words....

Holy smokes, that is terrible news. Did this appear to be a one-off glitch or were other deliveries impacted as well?