Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW I spoke to a rep that thought I might not be able to make an appointment until I had a VIN assigned - which hasn't happened yet. Has anyone been able to book an actual delivery date (not just availability), that DOESN'T have a VIN yet?

Me. No VIN but my car leaves the factory 12/27 so they only had 12/29 available for me to choose from (and this was one of my unavailable days but fortunately I was able to make it work). The text said I’ll have a VIN 1-2 days before the car leaves the factory.

• Informative
Reactions: sslack18
74F16AAF-B048-4E2F-B181-9E99A4DABA72.gif

This morning at 8 am I got a text saying to schedule my delivery and that my car is scheduled to leave the factory on 12/26. I am picking up in Buena Park. I clicked the link and was able to schedule for on Saturday, 12/28. Still no VIN in source code, however. The text does say it is tentative and delivery could be earlier or later. I ordered my car 12/7.

Last edited:
Ordered LR AWD White/Black on 11/3 in Brea.
Got text a few days ago but no vin# and received email asking for availability which I said ANY day any time. No VIN
Got text this morning from Tesla saying the car was going to come out of production 12/28 with a delivery of 12/30.
Got almost an immediate text from my SA (who was MIA) and asked me if I were available this week to get car sooner from a match he found. I immediately accepted.
Just now, got call from Costa Mesa Tesla and scheduled to pick up car tomorrow at 11:30. Cautiously optimistic, the most expensive, ostentatious, and coolest gift I have ever given myself :)
I'm sending positive vibes to everyone waiting for their text and or delivery.

Looks like all of the AWD cars that were showing as inventory cars are now sold out. But a bunch of Performance models just showed up on the website. They are full performance, not stealth. But they are still available to buy if anyone is trying to get one. They have a white/black one for $56,990.

Ordered LR AWD from "inventory" 12/19. Still no VIN. Received delivery text today...

We currently expect your Model 3 to exit the factory on 12/26. By this evening, select your tentative appointment at tesla.com/schedule/RNxxxxxx Due to variability in production, we may reach out to reschedule this appointment to an earlier or later time. We appreciate your patience and flexibility! Your VIN will appear in your Tesla Account 1-2 days before your Model 3 exits the factory.​

Had choices on 12/28 and 12/29 at Fremont

Ordered LR AWD from "inventory" 12/19. Still no VIN. Received delivery text today...

We currently expect your Model 3 to exit the factory on 12/26. By this evening, select your tentative appointment at tesla.com/schedule/RNxxxxxx Due to variability in production, we may reach out to reschedule this appointment to an earlier or later time. We appreciate your patience and flexibility! Your VIN will appear in your Tesla Account 1-2 days before your Model 3 exits the factory.​

I also ordered an “inventory car” yesterday 12/21 delivery shows Fremont but my SA said she’d be able to change it to Dublin... I originally placed an order for an SR+ White/White aero but hubby wanted a LR AWD instead... haven’t cancelled that one yet though ‍♀️

Reactions: davidw76

Hope i get a text for delivery soon, too!

I also ordered an “inventory car” yesterday 12/21 delivery shows Fremont but my SA said she’d be able to change it to Dublin... I originally placed an order for an SR+ White/White aero but hubby wanted a LR AWD instead... haven’t cancelled that one yet though ‍♀️

Lol.. same here. Originally ordered SR+ 11/17. Still no VIN or delivery text on that one. Haven't cancelled yet just in case something goes wrong with the new order.

Got our text at 8:30am today saying that our M3 is due to be out of the factory on 12/24 (ordered on 11/14). Set up delivery time for 10:30am on Friday 12/27 at the Carlsbad location.

Wife and I are getting excited.

No VIN for us, but text said 1 to 2 days before its due to leave the factory. That means any hour now our VIN should be assigned.

Last edited: