Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm chuckled. After several days of whining at here I find the VIN just now with MVPA. But didn't see any thing related to delivery date setup on the account website. Do I need to contact them (if so, who should I contact?) about delivery date?

I got my vin and mvpa last Saturday and wasn't scheduled for an appointment until Xmas Eve. I didn't do anything, it just showed up. Being so close to EOY I would reach out to chat to make sure you can get delivery for tax credit

Reactions: waterbrain
It went well! Only found two tiny paint chip areas but over all it was quick and easy. Our SA Amanda was great at taking the time to explain everything and help setup functions. 5 miles on the books at delivery. Happy camper
We must have been there at the same time. I was at Costa Mesa picking mine up yesterday at 12:30-1:00

For what it's worth, I never did get a VIN assigned. I just got a text with the scheduled pick up time. The option to pay for the car didn't show up until a few hours before the appointment. Constantly logging in to tesla.com and looking for a VIN was just a waste of time.

We must have been there at the same time. I was at Costa Mesa picking mine up yesterday at 12:30-1:00

For what it's worth, I never did get a VIN assigned. I just got a text with the scheduled pick up time. The option to pay for the car didn't show up until a few hours before the appointment. Constantly logging in to tesla.com and looking for a VIN was just a waste of time.

Yay got there about 12:40 and went to the back about 1:15. Never got any communication since ordering Oct 5. Found out our SA even quit somewhere in between. :confused: Everything came together and popped up on account 1.5 days before date of pick up.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA

So you got your car before year end then? I know you were worried you wouldn’t. That’s great.

Got to make sure that sale hits The Q4 numbers. I've never seen a company where it seems the delivery strategy is 100% based on maximum sales. Even if it means some really goofy customer service.

I like it.

upload_2019-12-27_16-1-50.png

Unbelievable so they won't even hold your car an extra day? Customer service at its finest.
May not be ideal for this customer, but for the additional person who gets the tax credit due to 2019 delivery, it is a positive.
Could even impact multiple people due to the car taking up space. This is not like a typical dealer lot with 100s in stagnant inventory. This is move it in, send it off as quickly as possible. No margin for stagnant product.

It wasn’t always this way. In March they were offering free paint or wheel upgrades to close deals and they had plenty of cars in inventory. And that was back when the price of a LR RWD was $43,000 and the federal tax credit was $3,750.

I’m happy that Tesla has finally reached a critical mass to where there is enough demand to meet supply. We all need Tesla to be successful now that we own Model 3’s and want them to be around for a long time.

Reactions: waterbrain
Got to make sure that sale hits The Q4 numbers. I've never seen a company where it seems the delivery strategy is 100% based on maximum sales. Even if it means some really goofy customer service.

I’m sure we have shorts and analysts to thank for that in part. Most manufacturers get sales mentioned in the press but Tesla gets put under a microscope with shorts especially looking for ways to turn even good or great news into doom and gloom.

Update: Spoke with a DS and was told that there still isn’t any movement and it looks like my car won’t be ready until Monday or Tuesday. And since I won’t be in town, I will most likely lose my VIN and have to get assigned to another vehicle when I’m back if there’s one available. DS also mentioned that if the tax credit is important, I should cross my fingers and hope I can get assigned another vehicle currently in inventory.
Why not ask to have your delivery changed to SF where you'll be?

Just got a call from Buena Park - I’ve been delayed from Saturday until tentatively Sunday for delivery of my lr awd white exterior black interior. Was told the car is still in Fremont but is supposed to leave the factory tomorrow and that I’d get another call tomorrow to confirm I can pick it up Sunday.

Really? I'm pretty sure a vast majority of companies are interested in profit first. I agree that Tesla can do better at communicating, but they did what they needed to do to satisfy a vast majority of orders before end of year. It will be interesting on January 1 to see how many were left without a car. I'm guessing there will be very few and if those few are honest, it will be because they weren't available or changed their order last minute or something that made it difficult for Tesla to meet their special need. Other than the lack of communication, I have always been treated like gold by all Tesla employees. For such a young car company, fighting against insurmountable odds, I think they are doing an amazing job.

Reactions: sacraM3nto
Picked up my white w. black interior Model 3 Performance today at 3.

The car is amazing. Just amazing. I still maintain that Tesla needs to take MUCH better care of their customers during the wait in between order and delivery, but man, what a car.

Not only is not stupid-bonkers-scary-crazy fast, it also rides SO well. IMO a near perfect blend of firmness, with some road feel, and yet no harshness at all.

Did I mention it's FAST?

I always enjoy watching people progress from the order process through delivery. The order and wait part of the process drives people crazy. We hear about how horrible the company is. We’re accused of being fanboys if we say anything positive while Tesla is proving itself completely incompetent during every aspect of the sales process.

And then people take delivery of the car...