Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate to tell you but the word guarantee was definitely part of order deadline. In the form of "there is no guarantee". There is no case.
They made "false" representations to induce people to act. In justifiable reliance people altered their positions - to their detriment. Sounds like a case to me. More importantly, it is bad business to make representations you cannot keep. They should have told people the earlier they order the greater "chance" of receiving the car before the EOY.

I doubt he is. I am.
When they said there was no guarantee they induced people to act in hope of high likelihood and no certainty when they specifically said no guarantee of delivery.
You might be a lawyer but most lawyers are not very good. I am sure you are absolutely first-rate. Have you argued and won state supreme court case for example? (I have.)

You take delivery in January and sue them in small claims court for the $1875 loss of tax credit + depending on actual delivery date may have a claim for loss of use. Tesla should have Never represented EOY delivery for orders made in December.
Even if you do it for free and under a pseudoname this is a legal advice and it is bad at that. Why do not you provide your full info, so in case your bad advice is accepted and victim of your legal malpractice can sue you for damages. This is extremely inappropriate.

He can ping the car and see where it is.

well... here's the weird thing... I haven't had a VIN or delivery date through this whole process. So I'm not so sure what he'd be pinging, but he showed me this chart that was showing my car's timeline, but it had some ridiculous date like 12/1 to exit the factory... obviously didn't happen... so... whatever, lol, could just all be a ruse.

He said that the fact I didn't have VIN or delivery date is probably OK too, when the trucks arrive, they match up the cars to the orders and arrange for delivery scheduling and it's really fast once it hits that point. *shrugs* I just.... I'll just... wait. Not like I can do much else...

Just got a text that my car is still in production at Fremont and my original delivery date for 12/30 @ 9am has been pushed to 12/31 @ 9am.

I'm really hoping that I'll get it by then because I have a flight to catch on 12/31 at 1pm. I've already rescheduled my flight twice already because of this car. This is really annoying....
Same here. I hope it really does come on 12/31...

My buddy got the text this morning informing him that his SR+ order won't be ready this year. He had a tentative delivery for yesterday and cut short his family vacation. Today he saw the same spec in inventory, but LR AWD so he just ordered that instead. He's picking the car up later today. It almost feels like a deliberate strategy to force people into more expensive vehicles.

When they said there was no guarantee they induced people to act in hope of high likelihood and no certainty when they specifically said no guarantee of delivery.
You might be a lawyer but most lawyers are not very good. I am sure you are absolutely first-rate. Have you argued and won state supreme court case for example? (I have.)

Go look at post # 1276. Looks like pretty good evidence to me. "most lawyers are not very good"? Are you really a lawyer? Although certainly all lawyers are not good - I would say "most" are.

I got a text earlier this morning saying my car arrived at the delivery center and to text "available" and someone will contact me. It's been close to 4 hours and I haven't heard anything. Anyone else experienced this?

I have not yet experienced this part of the delivery process, but I would definitely call!!! Chase after that car! Or just simply show up at the delivery center if it isn’t too far for you, lol. Man, at this point I’m simply not trusting anything Tesla says or does... again, this is just what I think, I have no experience to back my statement. Good luck!

Reactions: sunnyvale76
I have not yet experienced this part of the delivery process, but I would definitely call!!! Chase after that car! Or just simply show up at the delivery center if it isn’t too far for you, lol. Man, at this point I’m simply not trusting anything Tesla says or does... again, this is just what I think, I have no experience to back my statement. Good luck!

I called a few times and it went to voice mail. :/

I got the same text this morning. I replied, missed their call and called them right back. Had a delivery appointment for tomorrow but I'm picking it up @330pm today

Just saw 6 trailers full of Model 3 leaving the factory and heading towards South.
As it was raining could not take the pictures.

But felt like they were LR AWD because "DUAL MOTOR" written on the back.

Clearly from all the reports of trailers we've heard from people here in the last day or two Tesla is working hard to deliver cars to people. Hope more here will be recipients of some of these.