Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AHHHHHHH I JUST GOT A TEXT MESSAGE!

"TESLA DELIVERY UPDATE - You are now on track to receive one of the last Teslas built in 2019! Please reply CONFIRM to this message by 7PM tonight if you are able to take delivery at the Tesla Factory (45500 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538) tomorrow. We currently expect your Model 3 to be built tomorrow afternoon. Details on more precise timing to follow."

My heart cannot take this! I also didn't get any message about the evening event tomorrow night. I think I am just going to go there in the afternoon and cry until I'm presented with my car.

Ordered 11/16
SR+ red/white 18" autopilot

- went in person to Carlsbad to see what was going on yesterday, they said hopefully I'll get my car EOY cuz I haven't gotten a phone call saying I won't - even though I have no VIN or delivery date
- Called Tesla today to ask for update and they said most likely will not happen EOY. Which, you know what, I figured. And at this point I've given up on the tax credit, and he said as of right now there is no compensation for it aside from choosing a full refund. He could not tell me when my car might be ready, like not even first week of January or end of January or in 3 months, or ANYTHING.

so... really... the fact I was never assigned a VIN from beginning to end should have been a sign that they weren't even working on my order... if I knew, I would have chosen to upgrade to LR in stock a long time ago since I was on the fence anyway... but really? I don't even get to know approx when they will send me my car, even if I'm willing to wait? I'm past the estimated 4-6 weeks... I just want my car... -_-
Now my Tesla account has been updated to a December 31st 8pm Delivery!
wtf?!

And now I received the Text asking me to CONFIRM availability to pick up my car "ONE OF THE LAST TESLAS TO BE BUILT FOR THE YEAR!" Tomorrow....
ZappCatt, you're in!! After being in this forum with you the past couple months, I actually feel excited for you! See you at the event tomorrow night! I won't know who you are, but I'll be there with you!

A) How do you volunteer?
B) Yes, like 3-4 of us are expecting to drive our happy asses to Fremont to hopefully get our cars. Texts keep being sent, bouncing around where we're supposed to be...
How do you volunteer? Is it Bay Area only?

You have to reach out to a local Tesla club. Not the ones from TMC, but from Tesla itself. They will then coordinate with the delivery center. I'll be in SF tomorrow afternoon.

Tesla Owners Club Directory

• Informative
Reactions: OCR1 and ZappCatt
ZappCatt, you're in!! After being in this forum with you the past couple months, I actually feel excited for you! See you at the event tomorrow night! I won't know who you are, but I'll be there with you!

I am not sure if I will be at the event, I should have Multi-Quoted the saga from today:

Around 2pm, I recieved a call from the SA who was involved in my email chain letter trying to get me a car, she said my car was off the line and going for final checkout. She scheduled me an appointment to pick it up tomorrow in Fremont at 3pm. "but if they could get it done sooner, they would contact me"

About 15 minutes later, I got a call from Fremont Delivery asking if I could take Home Delivery tonite, so she verified my info (SR+ Pearl White/Black Interior with 18" Aero Wheels) and said it was a go from between 6pm and 8pm Home Delivery tonite. At this time, I contacted friends and relatives who were standing ready to drive me to Fremont tomorrow telling them they were off the hook and to have a Great New Years Eve.

About 10 minutes after that, the email with my final lease docs(take 2) came through, so I finalized my lease paperwork on a VIN which was different then the one originally setup for the failed 12/26 delivery.

30 minutes after that, the SA called back asking if she could verify my Fremont appointment tomorrow. I told her Home Delivery had contacted me and I was good to go. She said good, since they were not replying to her pings.

2 hours after this, I logged into my Tesla account and it says Delivery tomorrow at 8PM, but has my home address.

30 minutes after i saw a delivery date for tomorrow in my Tesla account, I received the text saying I would get a car coming off the line tomorrow if I CONFIRM.

I honestly am so confused, and hope that the issue is the team helping me grabbed a "released" VIN which was free due to an upgrade and that is currently on its way to my house tonight for Home Delivery, and the text/account is for the ORIGINAL VIN from my lease papers of 12/25/HomeDelivery 12/26.

I am saying YES to every question TESLA throws at me until I have a car in hand.

Once I have a car in hand, I will reach out to the email chain and inform them, asking them to clear up any (more) confusions.

I am not sure if I will be at the event, I should have Multi-Quoted the saga from today:

Around 2pm, I recieved a call from the SA who was involved in my email chain letter trying to get me a car, she said my car was off the line and going for final checkout. She scheduled me an appointment to pick it up tomorrow in Fremont at 3pm. "but if they could get it done sooner, they would contact me"

About 15 minutes later, I got a call from Fremont Delivery asking if I could take Home Delivery tonite, so she verified my info (SR+ Pearl White/Black Interior with 18" Aero Wheels) and said it was a go from between 6pm and 8pm Home Delivery tonite. At this time, I contacted friends and relatives who were standing ready to drive me to Fremont tomorrow telling them they were off the hook and to have a Great New Years Eve.

About 10 minutes after that, the email with my final lease docs(take 2) came through, so I finalized my lease paperwork on a VIN which was different then the one originally setup for the failed 12/26 delivery.

30 minutes after that, the SA called back asking if she could verify my Fremont appointment tomorrow. I told her Home Delivery had contacted me and I was good to go. She said good, since they were not replying to her pings.

2 hours after this, I logged into my Tesla account and it says Delivery tomorrow at 8PM, but has my home address.

30 minutes after i saw a delivery date for tomorrow in my Tesla account, I received the text saying I would get a car coming off the line tomorrow if I CONFIRM.

I honestly am so confused, and hope that the issue is the team helping me grabbed a "released" VIN which was free due to an upgrade and that is currently on its way to my house tonight for Home Delivery, and the text/account is for the ORIGINAL VIN from my lease papers of 12/25/HomeDelivery 12/26.

I am saying YES to every question TESLA throws at me until I have a car in hand.

Once I have a car in hand, I will reach out to the email chain and inform them, asking them to clear up any (more) confusions.
YIKES!!!! I thought mine was bad but you definitely win. Please update if you get the car in the next few hours. Hoping you do!!

Reactions: ZappCatt
YIKES!!!! I thought mine was bad but you definitely win. Please update if you get the car in the next few hours. Hoping you do!!
LOL, this is only today's part of the saga!
I initially had a home delivery scheduled on 12/26 and they just did not bother to show up or contact me or anything...it has been....surreal to say the least.

If I wasn't so ugly, I would be sure I was on a candid camera show!

I initially had a home delivery scheduled on 12/26 and they just did not bother to show up or contact me or anything...it has been....surreal to say the least.

This is beyond Tesla’s normal state of confusion. It sounds like they are having a complete meltdown. It’s beyond embarrassing. I applaud you for sticking with it.

i have not seen such bravery! Bravo and may the wind be at your back...

If they do not deliver your car tonight, I will be a fellow sufferer at the factory tomorrow. I also had the ghosted home delivery on 12/26, then radio silence until the text yesterday evening. Ordered 10/18. I am still not totally convinced they will have a car for me tomorrow. Good luck!

If they do not deliver your car tonight, I will be a fellow sufferer at the factory tomorrow. I also had the ghosted home delivery on 12/26, then radio silence until the text yesterday evening. Ordered 10/18. I am still not totally convinced they will have a car for me tomorrow. Good luck!

Holy Smokes, I did not realize you were one of the October order holdovers. I was thinking you were a mid November order like me.

Yeah, when I got ghosted, I emailed my "SA" and he did not reply, so swang by the Santana Row store until I could get some update(which was useless) and I have been sending a daily "Prayer for update on my order" email. Today I got all the way to BEG.

:50 min into my 2 hour window with no contact yet(they are supposed to contact me as they leave the factory to make sure we are still good-the factory is 30 mins away or so)...getting nervous...again....

EDIT: They have ONCE AGAIN changed my lease document, changing the start date until tomorrow 12/31 and removing my Electronic Signature AGAIN!

and I just received the email to sign my THIRD Lease agreement in the last 5 days!

7:25pm and not a peep for my 6-8pm Home Delivery window......

p.s. I realize it is a HUGE assumption that you are a Sharks fan, but I am ordering the Pearl White and thinking of getting Teal wraps for some of the logos and handles. One to show support for Sharks, and actually more important....so I can tell which of the 1,000s of white model 3's is mine whenever I park anywhere in the South Bay.

Attachments

• SHARKS.PNG
    SHARKS.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Holy Smokes, I did not realize you were one of the October order holdovers. I was thinking you were a mid November order like me.

Yeah, when I got ghosted, I emailed my "SA" and he did not reply, so swang by the Santana Row store until I could get some update(which was useless) and I have been sending a daily "Prayer for update on my order" email. Today I got all the way to BEG.

:50 min into my 2 hour window with no contact yet(they are supposed to contact me as they leave the factory to make sure we are still good-the factory is 30 mins away or so)...getting nervous...again....

p.s. I realize it is a HUGE assumption that you are a Sharks fan, but I am ordering the Pearl White and thinking of getting Teal wraps for some of the logos and handles. One to show support for Sharks, and actually more important....so I can tell which of the 1,000s of white model 3's is mine whenever I park anywhere in the South Bay.
Those are awesome. I love the sharks and am also picking up a pear white model 3. Who is making the wraps?

Reactions: giantshark18