Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...and... I just got another call asking if I was still interested in a Home Delivery tonite, since my account now says that I scheduled an appointment tomorrow morning. They say the driver can leave Fremont in about 20 minutes...so I might......have a car in an hour or so.

If I did not experience this, I would call B*LLSH*T on anyone recounting this story.
I really hope they show up because I won't be able to go to bed until I find out how this ends for you! lol

I believe the person who is hanging out being nice (but persistent) will get their car sooner than the person who shows up at 11:45om and asks
“Dude, where’s my car?”

I guess, but my goodness it’s just a car. And they will have plenty of them available next year. I love our Model 3’s, don’t get me wrong. But is all of this really worth it? Look at what Tesla is putting you through to allow you to buy one of their cars.

I give up, I ordered a LR AWD from existing inventory. You win, Tesla. I better get my car tomorrow.

That is an extremely smart move given the current situation.

I understand the appeal of the SR+ cheapness but you will love your decision the next time you drive past the 150 car line at San Luis Obispo super charger.

SR range is “enough” until it isn’t.

I guess, but my goodness it’s just a car. And they will have plenty of them available next year. I love our Model 3’s, don’t get me wrong. But is all of this really worth it? Look at what Tesla is putting you through to allow you to buy one of their cars.

I do agree with you. I face tax consequences beyond 1875 not getting a car this year so my urgency is a bit greater than the typical buyer.

For some, just 1875 could be very significant. Either financially or psychologically.

And also, it could mean up to a 3 month or greater wait. Tesla is shipping the first few months production overseas. Could be in Jan 1st, factory goes over to the RHD setup.

Last edited:
They got me too! I switched to a LR AWD yesterday and picked up the same day. You will not be disappointed in the car. I can't say the same for our SR+ buying experience though! Congrats!!

lol right? We basically had the same problematic experience, just one day apart. Damn it. They win. And magically my MIA SA immediately responded when I said I bought a LR. I couldn’t reach anyone to switch my order so I ended up placing two orders... so now my SA needs to clean up my details and move over my info and cancel my old order... ugh... it’s a mess. I would have liked to simply switch my existing order.

and my previously silent SA immediately contacted truck driver and confirmed it’s halfway down the 5 and will be here tomorrow for pickup. -_- I feel hopeful!!! The first time I ever had a VIN. Lol.

That is an extremely smart move given the current situation.

I understand the appeal of the SR+ cheapness but you will love your decision the next time you drive past the 150 car line at San Luis Obispo super charger.

SR range is “enough” until it isn’t.

Especially true when you drive in colder weather. Even in the 50's - actual mileage will plummet. LR will help a lot of that.

He has been gone for a bit. Hopefully he is inspecting his new car. (assuming ZappCatt is male).
Nope, they said it would leave the factory in 20 minutes, and then it is a 20-30 minute drive. I did not want to bother you all, so I set down the laptop...got some "examination" items ready(lights, etc) and decided to read how to pair the phone as a key.

I decided to fire up the app, and saw that my car was live in my app. YAY!...notice the car going 8 mph, then 2mph, then backing up and PARKED! They must be right outside!

Scrolled down to "Location" and they are on East Street in Fremont...30 minutes after they were supposed to leave, they were just getting it ready to head out.

It looks like they are on the way now, driving 14, then 22 mph! They are driving around the parking lot at the factory!

He just texted me that his eta is 22 minutesI I hope he used the voice commands for that!...should I tell him I am watching him drive MY car?

So it looks like it will be another hour before I have an update.

and yes, I am an old grouchy white dude!

Last edited:
Nope, they said it would leave the factory in 20 minutes, and then it is a 20-30 minute drive. I did not want to bother you all, so I set down the laptop...got some "examination" items ready(lights, etc) and decided to read how to pair the phone as a key.

I decided to fire up the app, and saw that my car was live in my app. YAY!...notice the car going 8 mph, then 2mph, then backing up and PARKED! They must be right outside!

Scrolled down to "Location" and they are on East Street in Fremont...30 minutes after they were supposed to leave, they were just getting it ready to head out.

It looks like they are on the way now, driving 14, then 22 mph!

IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!!! I am so happy for you!

Guys/Gals that are getting up sold, not trying to insult at all but, I would like to know how you justified going $10K higher in spending than the SR+ You ordered originally?

I myself couldn’t logically find a justification to spend $10K to get a AWD as nice as in sounds. I’m finding myself doing a lot more speeding here and there with just my SR+. Would be twice as bad with FWD:p

anyways, just interested what you might have used for a reason for upgrade.

Thanks

It looks like they are on the way now, driving 14, then 22 mph!

Well, if you can follow it with the app, the car is yours. The only problem is to physically take possession of the car! Slight problem, but I'm sure you can work it out! Good luck!

Reactions: ZappCatt

It looks like they are on the way now, driving 14, then 22 mph! They are driving around the parking lot at the factory!

, are you just making this *sugar* up?????:rolleyes::)

He just texted me that his eta is 22 minutesI I hope he used the voice commands for that!...should I tell him I am watching him drive MY car?

Yay!!!!!!!!! Cheers to you!!!

Guys/Gals that are getting up sold, not trying to insult at all but, I would like to know how you justified going $10K higher in spending than the SR+ You ordered originally?

I myself couldn’t logically find a justification to spend $10K to get a AWD as nice as in sounds. I’m finding myself doing a lot more speeding here and there with just my SR+. Would be twice as bad with FWD:p

Thanks

Can’t speak for others, but for me it was many factors... I was already considering switching to LR but I just didn’t see any inventory until now for my exact color (I am super particular about getting red/white) and plus, I just want my car. I am tired of waiting for it and not even having an ETA now that they missed EOY, whether it’s a week or 3 months. Plus, now I’ll get the $1875 I wasn’t gonna get before, so it’s ... only $8000 more lol. And also, my trade in is at risk of passing 1000 miles and I get the feeling that value will drop if they reevaluate, but they previously guaranteed my trade in value will be good until 12/31. And I’ve been driving my mom's car the past month to keep my mileage down and I don’t like doing that for longer than I need to... anyway, I’m happier this way, this is how buying a car should be! No emotional roller coasters and lies...

Thanks
My husband has been pushing for the LR from the start so it wasn't completely out the question. We have been going back and forth on the decision during the 6 weeks we waited so getting the "you won't get your car this year" text helped us make a decision. I can see where you're coming from though. $10k is a big deal.