Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait was it really happening tonight for @ZappCatt cux my head is spinning, I thought it was gonna be tomorrow in Fremont lololol...

so... can I pay for my car by walking in with a checkbook? Supposedly I should be able to pick up my car tomorrow evening.... I’ll believe it when I get the car.
I wrote them a personal check without any issues.

• Informative
Reactions: laketica
Wait was it really happening tonight for @ZappCatt cux my head is spinning, I thought it was gonna be tomorrow in Fremont lololol...

so... can I pay for my car by walking in with a checkbook? Supposedly I should be able to pick up my car tomorrow evening.... I’ll believe it when I get the car.
Yup! They said Fremont but he updated and said they called back and gave him a home delivery option... after being late... it looks like it was en route in his app!

My SA was supposed to call me back today and surprise surprise... no call. Can’t even be mad considering it’s probably a rule in their employee handbook to just ignore their clients. Anyways still no vin, no delivery date, no cancellation/postpone text, nothing.
Why does my account still say this though?! Is this a good thing that I haven’t heard anything? No news could be good news?

Attachments

• 9301D7EB-3766-45E6-8C4D-B46BB13B7991.jpeg
    9301D7EB-3766-45E6-8C4D-B46BB13B7991.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 61
My SA was supposed to call me back today and surprise surprise... no call. Can’t even be mad considering it’s probably a rule in their employee handbook to just ignore their clients. Anyways still no vin, no delivery date, no cancellation/postpone text, nothing.
Why does my account still say this though?! Is this a good thing that I haven’t heard anything? No news could be good news?
An SA I spoke to on Saturday said, “no VIN, no car”. I had a delivery appointment, but it changed back to the delivery estimate timeline and then I eventually got a text saying my car wasn’t going to be ready until January. I wouldn’t get my hopes up, sorry. :(

sorry... I totally gave up on them. this whole 'no news is good news' thing was total BS they fed me on Sunday. I simply don't think it's gonna happen. They claim they're still calling people (today and tomorrow) to notify about non-deliveries by EOY.......... but there's still a slim chance that someone will cancel or not be able to pick up, or maybe upgraded to LR AWD or M3P and they will call you... maybe that's what they're holding out for...?

My SA wasn't responding to me either for the last 5 days... until I said I am trying to upgrade to LR AWD, then he replied... lol. Life.

and ohhh @gelabela !! I see those posts now, that's exciting - I hope it happened!!! they're truly delivering til midnight these last two days...

For those who took delivery, did Tesla hand over the DMV temporary registration form? We picked up the car today but the gentleman who handled our delivery didn't give us the signed temporary registration form... OR are they going to ship it? I know it is so hard to call and have them answer the call, maybe I will stop by later this week to find out.

For those who took delivery, did Tesla hand over the DMV temporary registration form? We picked up the car today but the gentleman who handled our delivery didn't give us the signed temporary registration form... OR are they going to ship it? I know it is so hard to call and have them answer the call, maybe I will stop by later this week to find out.
No, they didn’t hand me anything. I don’t remember getting it with any other cars I purchased though. I think the folded up paper stuck on to the inside of the windshield is all we need.

I actually didn’t get any texts/email updates from Tesla until the VIN and delivery date/time showed up on my account profile to the left of the screen. I think the screen shot you posted is the estimate of when they expected to deliver. With that being said ... I am still not 100% I’ll get my car tomorrow. I’ll keep everyone posted.

Attachments

• DC64F994-F015-4AA1-9313-F203570036BD.jpeg
    DC64F994-F015-4AA1-9313-F203570036BD.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 45
Sorry I am so late in updating you all.

I HAVE A TESLA MODEL 3 in my driveway!

The guy who delivered it was nice...he is an assembly line worker and put in his 12 hours shift on the floor, then they sent him out to delivery my car. He says he thinks he might be going till 12 tonight.

Luckily I had done a ton of research...what else have I had to do during this ordeal?

Having issues getting it on my network to update the software. It came with 2019.35, then while I was fussing around with it, it showed 40.1, then after more fussing around, it shows me that I will get .50.5 once I get some wifi.

I will be able to investigate more tomorrow and really check out the car during the day. The poor guy was shivering as I was trying to get a good look with my LED lights.

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!!!!!!!!

The guy who delivered it was nice...he is an assembly line worker and put in his 12 hours shift on the floor, then they sent him out to delivery my car. He says he thinks he might be going till 12 tonight.

Luckily I had done a ton of research...what else have I had to do during this ordeal?

Having issues getting it on my network to update the software. It came with 2019.35, then while I was fussing around with it, it showed 40.1, then after more fussing around, it shows me that I will get .50.5 once I get some wifi.

I will be able to investigate more tomorrow and really check out the car during the day. The poor guy was shivering as I was trying to get a good look with my LED lights.

Congrats!!! I’m happy to hear the saga has a happy ending. Now I can finally go to bed. Lol

wow, Tesla is doing whatever it can do deliver cars. Poor guy, how or why he agreed to that? Congrats on your car, a close call.

Reactions: ZappCatt
@ZappCatt I’m glad you can go to bed now although maybe you are still up sitting in your car. I got 40.50.5 today so it’s the most current. Sweet dreams and happy new year.

Sounds like the guys at Tesla are really trying to get cars to people though. I know they have delivered to midnight before in the last week of delivery time but I have to say this has been the strangest EoQ that I’ve seen as far as execution. Lots of lessons hopefully learned. Do not understand the 90 minute texts. Can only imagine they only have so many people to process deliveries and only so much room for all the cars and people at one time. One more day to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZappCatt

Congrats!! I can't sleep in anticipation myself, so you must be like a kid who received the gift they always wanted and now have to wait till morning to use it.