Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting to be called on a beautiful California morning.

Not a ton of folks here yet, but they have like 15 people doing checkins, then a roped off area with heaters that is currently empty.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20191231_070400.jpg
    MVIMG_20191231_070400.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 69
Just got text from Tesla:
TESLA DELIVERY UPDATE - A few general reminders for the day. To expedite the pickup of your Model 3, please download the Tesla app prior to your arrival, which will be used to locate and unlock your vehicle. If you are trading in a vehicle, please ensure that you have cleaned out it out for quicker processing. Parking is limited on-site, so ridesharing is encouraged!

Still no time....just gotta sit around all day and wait for them to text me then rush from the city to Fremont to get my car...

Just got text from Tesla:
TESLA DELIVERY UPDATE - A few general reminders for the day. To expedite the pickup of your Model 3, please download the Tesla app prior to your arrival, which will be used to locate and unlock your vehicle. If you are trading in a vehicle, please ensure that you have cleaned out it out for quicker processing. Parking is limited on-site, so ridesharing is encouraged!

Still no time....just gotta sit around all day and wait for them to text me then rush from the city to Fremont to get my car...

We're getting the same texts around the same time. I ordered mine on 11/30 SR+, RWD, White, Black Interior, 18" wheels. When did you order yours?

Get there at 7am ⏰ Get your car!

Giantshark18, you are our eyes and ears keep posting!
The process was super easy. 3 minutes to sign paperwork and get a referral code added. Been spent about 10 or 15 minutes inspecting the car. Everybody was extremely nice. We'll post pictures when I get home.

The car had one mile on it.

Super unprofessional of Tesla to wait till last second last night to say you should be available at our whim or we will give your car away, and now not even answering the phone. People have jobs and commitments they can’t just drop at a seconds notice.

Last edited:
That is an extremely smart move given the current situation.
For some, just 1875 could be very significant. Either financially or psychologically.

It may be a smart move, could also be a terrible one, depending on the individual financial situation. You said it yourself, $1875 can be significant for some. The jump from SR+ to LR is nearly $10K after taxes. That's not a minor jump.

It may be a smart move, could also be a terrible one, depending on the individual financial situation. You said it yourself, $1875 can be significant for some. The jump from SR+ to LR is nearly $10K after taxes. That's not a minor jump.

Time value of money is not the same. You get nothing from the government paying an additional $1875 in taxes. You get that $1875 quickly into the new year - the extra $10K can be financed over years using OPM with very low interest rates.

Almost everyone here is probably a new EV owner (and welcome to the club). There are a lot of things that they won't know until experience or happen to be very well studied on the topic.

You always buy the biggest battery you can afford. Time is not your friend. Batteries degrade. New features add to battery drain, they don't reduce it.

On the margin, every dollar into LR gives you LESS cost per kilowatt. I'm not even talking about performance, raw capacity is cheaper.

Battery health is best when you can stay between 20%-80%. 10%-90% works but 20%-80% is even better. Far easier to control when you have more capacity to work with.

It's easy to think one will just make an extra charging stop when going with SR. Sounds excellent in theory but when everyone thinks the same, you run into a *150 car LINE FOR CHARGING* like San Luis Obispo did a few days ago.

The LR pack would have gotten you past that hump. It doesn't take very many of those scenarios to pay off the pack for mental sanity.

Cold weather reduces the range, spirited driving reduces range.

But, imho, it’s a HUGE jump in features and specs. Significantly longer range and faster with dual motors, and the best OEM sound system I’ve ever heard. $9k is a lot, but you get great value for that money.

All the features is a bonus because the cost per additional KW is cheaper on the LR.

If you want FSD (and you DO) its far better to put that into an LR car than an SR. When you put it into an SR, you are paying a much higher percentage of the car into software. While tangible, it's not as tangible as raw battery capacity.

But, imho, it’s a HUGE jump in features and specs. Significantly longer range and faster with dual motors, and the best OEM sound system I’ve ever heard. $9k is a lot, but you get great value for that money.

MX owner here, at first saying i will be picking up the car on 29 at 11am, then change to 30 at 5pm, then told me the car is expect to ship out on 30 and wont make my appointment time, so move me again to 31 at 1pm, then last night call me again saying the car has not been shipped, and move me again to 31 at 9pm, so they are expecting me to spend my new year eva at the Buena Park delivery canter