Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Timeline: Car Purchase, License & Registation, HOV Stickers, and FasTrak CAV Toll-Tag

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stickers:
Mailed old form to old address: 1/1/22
Mailed new form to new address: 1/3/22

Old form to old address and old check processed 1/29/22 and check cashed 2/2/22.
New form to new address and new check processed on 2/4/22 and was sent back to me and I received the application and check back today 2/10/22.

Apparently my stickers were issued on 1/25/22 but I have yet to receive them, it seems like they are turning the applications around pretty quickly. Hopefully I get the stickers soon.

Anyone know if it comes from the DMV or from the special processing office?
did you receive your stickers?

Stickers:
Mailed old form to old address: 1/1/22
Mailed new form to new address: 1/3/22

Old form to old address and old check processed 1/29/22 and check cashed 2/2/22.
New form to new address and new check processed on 2/4/22 and was sent back to me and I received the application and check back today 2/10/22.

Apparently my stickers were issued on 1/25/22 but I have yet to receive them, it seems like they are turning the applications around pretty quickly. Hopefully I get the stickers soon.

Anyone know if it comes from the DMV or from the special processing office?
What's old form/old address and new form/new address? I filled form "REG 1000 (REV. 12/2021) WWW" recently and sent it to:

DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES
SPECIAL PROCESSING UNIT - MS D238
P. O. BOX 997601, SACRAMENTO, CA 95899-7601

Is this old or new?

Here's my timeline:
12/20 mailed application
1/26 check cashed
2/20 received however hadn't checked the mail in 2 weeks as was away. Some interesting notes:

Stickers were issued on 1/11 (before check cashed)
Mail stamp had a date of 2/3.

My first application with the wrong 2019 form and address I sent on 12/13 was never sent back.

I have a screenshot of the DMV Twitter statement, which was posted prior to me sending in my application. If they process my application too early, and I get a blue sticker, I figure I'll have until 2025 for my dispute to work its way through the DMV, arbitration, or the courts. That's a lot of time to get this resolved.
Let me know how this goes for you. I received multiple responses from the DMV stating that they are unable (by statute) to issue a different color decal after the original one is issued. Zero flexibility.

I sent in my original blue decals around 12/20 with a statement of facts with all the crap the DMV was putting out on Twitter about processing delays, and they didn’t give a crap. They eventually returned my blue decals and I think are sending me a second set since I figured they were lost.

I may just put the yellow ones on my commuter from my second MY. 🤫

Edit: Looks like you got yellow. I’m trying to console myself that blue looks better. 🤷‍♂️😉

Okay…. So this doesn’t work apparently. 😢.

I just received my Blue CAV decals but my check was never cashed. So now I have to call the "special processing unit" and contest that these were issues.

This really sucked because the stop payment fee was $30 from my bank and now the DMV will also charge me a payment declined fee (likely another $30) and I’m still stuck with 2021 stickers.

I will have to now battle with the dmv to get this revoked and get 2022 stickers issue…. If that is even possible.
Hey, I'm going round and round with Special Processing as I got screwed as well. Multiple agents told me it was taking 60-90 days to process so I mailed in end November and they processed it right away giving me blue 21 stickers. My intention was ALWAYS to get the Yellow 22 stickers. Anyway after multiple supervisors, sending in statement of facts etc. etc. they are STILL denying me. I even showed them the twitter post in this thread. I would really like to stay in touch with anyone in the same boat that gets this resolved.

Hey, I'm going round and round with Special Processing as I got screwed as well. Multiple agents told me it was taking 60-90 days to process so I mailed in end November and they processed it right away giving me blue 21 stickers. My intention was ALWAYS to get the Yellow 22 stickers. Anyway after multiple supervisors, sending in statement of facts etc. etc. they are STILL denying me. I even showed them the twitter post in this thread. I would really like to stay in touch with anyone in the same boat that gets this resolved.
I've had ZERO success. I've submit multiple Reg.256 (statement of facts) forms showing the same (twitter updates, showing 3-4 month backlog and "all applications are processed in the order received" BS).

All of this for naught as they state CA code saying once stickers are issued of a specific color they cannot be changed out for a different color. I've quit on this front and applied the single blue decal on the rear of my car (on PPF). I also have a golden ticket (like that?) in that my second MY will get the Yellow stickers, and I'll be able to drive that one in 3 years.

Even if I didn't have that I'm okay with accessing the HOV lanes for the next 3 years, and who knows if I'll get a new MY in that time to get access to the yellow decals that expire 9/30/2025. Also, maybe all jobs will be remote at the end of 2024. :)

I am tired of not having access and watching others zip by while I'm stuck in traffic. I'm done fighting the DMV (they can't even mess up correctly).

Good luck on your quest.